Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

View Poll Results: how do you turn your page on the pocket pro?
left sided buttons 4 14.29%
bottem buttons 2 7.14%
rt sided knob/stick 3 10.71%
other method, please elaborate 3 10.71%
All three 11 39.29%
Right (scroll wheel) and left 2 7.14%
Right (scroll wheel) and bottom 2 7.14%
Left and bottom 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
how do you turn your pages on the pocket pro?

I am right handed and frankly abhor, the buttons on the pocket pro. they feel kinda hard and are small to turn the pages.

SO my vote goes for the side knob thingie. Its great.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
I am right handed and frankly abhor, the buttons on the pocket pro. they feel kinda hard and are small to turn the pages.

SO my vote goes for the side knob thingie. Its great.
I chose "other" because the poll did not allow multiples ot weighed vote

1) 75%Mostly the scroll wheel (thingie).
2) 20% followed by the side arrows (and those primarily when using Zoom rotated display)
3) 5% 0/9 (have gotten in the habit to avoid these because of hyperlink navigation.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
I agree with theducks, I use all three. I probably use the scroll wheel the most (maybe 80%? That's just a rough guess) and use the other two options equally (maybe 10% each? Again, just a guess.).
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Never use the jog dial, but which ever button happens to nearest when I want to turn a page.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I added more choices to the poll. I use all three but favor the bottom. I hate it when there are links. I think links should be on the 4/5 keys.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #6
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I'm right-handed, but I switch around. Whatever is comfortable at the time.

I was reading on my Cybook and really missed the left-hand navigation.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #7
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
Well I'm right handed and would say mostly the left side buttons and the 0/9 while using the scroll wheel at times. What would be most comfortable for me though would be to use the big round back/menu button. I find the PP sits very comfortably on my ring finger with my thumb resting right on those two buttons, it's a bit of a stretch for me to get to the 0/9 and sometimes I will hit the back button in error.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:27 PM   #8
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I picked 'other' as it depends on how I am reading. If I am sitting on the couch I tend to hold the PP with my left hand (thus the left page buttons - makes holding my coffee in my right hand possible), though if I am reading in bed I tend to lay on my stomach and find the scroll wheel the easiest. On occasion if I am reading while holding one of the kids I will hold it from the bottom in my right hand and use the bottom keys. Kind of depends on my reading situation to determine which keys I use.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:15 PM   #9
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

i hope astak will now

realize that we want the scroll wheel (thingie) with the next 6 inch version.

and it should be less than 100 bucks to compete with falling ereader prices.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:16 PM   #10
oncdoc
Addict

no one else finds the buttons kinda hard to press, compared to the sony 300 series?
Old 06-22-2010, 07:17 PM   #11
oncdoc
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I added more choices to the poll. I use all three but favor the bottom. I hate it when there are links. I think links should be on the 4/5 keys.

Dale
I dont get it what you mean by links?
Old 06-22-2010, 07:59 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I dont get it what you mean by links?
Some EPUB files have hyper-links (TOC shows as a page, rather than the 7 key or Menu:catalog)
If you use the 0 key (think of it as a "tab forward"), you get a double underline (was single line until you selected), Press Enter to execute the jump.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #13
tmclough
Connoisseur
tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket PRO
I chose Right and Left, as those are my two most common by far. I used to, originally, use the bottom buttons most, but as I got more used to the reader, I tried all of them. Now, as I said, I use both right and left, sometimes one for awhile, sometimes the other, and sometimes I can't make up my mind!
tmclough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #14
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
I use whichever is more convenient depending on the way I am holding it.

I love the choice of all three.

BTW, when I use the scroll wheel, I find it easier to use my fingernail to move it instead of trying to use my fingertip. That way the nib does not stick my finger.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:51 PM   #15
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
I want it too; but it ain't coming!

Quote:
i hope astak will now

realize that we want the scroll wheel (thingie) with the next 6 inch version.

and it should be less than 100 bucks to compete with falling ereader prices.
Dear Oncdoc:

Everyone (almost) loves the Scroll Wheel. I never used it until three months ago and now I am 100%. The PLUS will NOT have the scroll wheel. It is not up to Astak. The factory designs the machine and designed it without a scroll wheel.

AND... $100 is not worth ANY factory's time to manufacture. The screen alone runs $80. YOU may want the $100 eBook Reader; but there is a finite point where we can go. Now, if Amazon and B&N want to lose $120 a device than a $100 price may happen. But it will not be Astak.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote