Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 08:58 AM   #1
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Add books to Library from the Library

I don't know if this has been asked for, but I couldn't find it mentioned in any of the threads here.

Is it possible to add books to the library from the library page? Adding books to EPUBReader from the "Open File" option in Firefox is fine if I only want to add a small number of books (I'm refering to locally stored books, not books on the web). If though I want to add a whole group of books into the library, this could take a long time.

Suggestion: Have a button in the library to "Add Book to Library" for adding a single, locally stored book. Have another button in the library to "Add Folder to Library" for adding multiple books at a time.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:33 AM   #2
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
I don't know if this has been asked for, but I couldn't find it mentioned in any of the threads here.

Is it possible to add books to the library from the library page? Adding books to EPUBReader from the "Open File" option in Firefox is fine if I only want to add a small number of books (I'm refering to locally stored books, not books on the web). If though I want to add a whole group of books into the library, this could take a long time.

Suggestion: Have a button in the library to "Add Book to Library" for adding a single, locally stored book. Have another button in the library to "Add Folder to Library" for adding multiple books at a time.
Hi ghostyjack, thanks for your feedback!

You are right, this hasn't been asked before. I think it's a good idea to have such a function, I put it on the change list.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Great! This will make it easier for me to use it on the new tablet PC I'm getting. I'm planning on using this as the reading app for the tablet.

The addition of the buttons would make adding books via the touch-screen alot easier.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:35 AM   #4
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
Great! This will make it easier for me to use it on the new tablet PC I'm getting. I'm planning on using this as the reading app for the tablet.

The addition of the buttons would make adding books via the touch-screen alot easier.
Okay, great! But it will take some time until this will be available.

In the meantime you could use the other possibility to add epub files to the library: just drag them on the Firefox window. But I don't know it this is easier with a touch-screen .
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote