Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

View Poll Results: When will the Iliads arrive at their new homes?
First week of July! 2 10.00%
Second week of July! 5 25.00%
Last two weeks of July! 1 5.00%
August or later! 12 60.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
When do you think your Iliad will arrive?

As you can see, i'm back to my old tricks...^^

We have a few members who have received an invite and are now waiting for their Iliad to arrive.

This Poll is targeted primarily at those few. However, even if you haven't ordered one, feel free to participate and post.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:45 PM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
You forgot to mention which year. 2006 or 2007?
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2006, 02:23 PM   #3
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
I voted for August or later. Just a feeling...
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:33 PM   #4
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

lots of pessimists this time...^^
Old 06-26-2006, 03:46 PM   #5
oliverbogler
Connoisseur
oliverbogler has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iLiad
I voted for August or later, but then again, I haven't received an invitation yet, apparently because of the big water between here and Eindhoven... if only there were a convenient way to cross it...
oliverbogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2006, 03:54 PM   #6
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I chose second week of July. Because i think they will have the devices in stock the first week of July (which means the latest OS update, that Henrycat is waiting for, will be applied. if not there will be more delay i guess). But i am crossing my fingers that i'll have it before July 7th. Would be a nice birthday present.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:22 PM   #7
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm guessing August or later. Small company, big hurdles. But if they get it basically right, that's better than just trying to meet an arbitrary date.

BTW, I love those creative avatars with the Iliads! We should probably have an e-ink avatar contest.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:31 PM   #8
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
I'm guessing August or later. Small company, big hurdles. But if they get it basically right, that's better than just trying to meet an arbitrary date.

BTW, I love those creative avatars with the Iliads! We should probably have an e-ink avatar contest.
They better not delay again. Not for the developer orders. That will give them a really bad reputation, especially because they mentioned the bad software and made you acknowledge it. For the general release, it might be December before that.

And thanks for the praise of the avatars.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:45 PM   #9
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
If they delay again there will be some very annoyed people who have shelled out money for it.

I can accept delays with products before they take my money, but they have taken it and given a timescale of 3-4 weeks...

That gives them until the 2nd week of July to start shipping.

Incidentally, because I have been mentioning the iLiad at work so much, there is a good chance that others will buy it. (specifically, comments like "Gee that looks good. If it's half as good when your arrives I'll buy one" from various sales and techies)

--edit what edit? ;-) (Thanks Commander)

Last edited by Riocaz; 06-26-2006 at 05:49 PM.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:47 PM   #10
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Neither do I...edits can be confusing...^^

Last edited by CommanderROR; 06-26-2006 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:50 PM   #11
Riocaz
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know what you mean...
Old 06-26-2006, 09:47 PM   #12
oliverbogler
Connoisseur
oliverbogler has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz

I can accept delays with products before they take my money, but they have taken it and given a timescale of 3-4 weeks...
Riocaz - are you saying that they have already charged your credit card, before shipping the product?

That is fairly unusual for preorders, in my experience (e.g. preorder of MacBook Pro). If they have, I agree - it ties them into the promised time frame even more.
oliverbogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:53 AM   #13
tribble
iLiad Maniac

I havent been charged yet.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:55 AM   #14
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
Hi guys - my credit card has been charged £470 UK charged the day I ordered it.
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:13 AM   #15
Riocaz

If I havn't then I have spent 500 quid I hadn't thought I had.

Though it was on a debit card, and I havn't had my statement to be 100% sure.

Hold on while I call my bank.

-- Got off phone to the bank:

having checked.

470 came out of my account on the 22nd of June. Paid to Irex Technologies.

My order was a week earlier than that. I was worried for a bit, as they couldn't find it. I knew I was 300 quid overdrawn so it would have been slightly worrying.

Last edited by Riocaz; 06-27-2006 at 04:48 AM.