Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
locomouse
Enthusiast
locomouse doesn't litterlocomouse doesn't litterlocomouse doesn't litter

Device: ebookwise 1150
About the Keyboard in EBW1150

Another question. I'm full of them, aren't I? Full of *something*, anyway...

How does one call forth the onscreen keyboard? The only way I can make it appear is if I choose to use the shortcut key for it.

And what, exactly, is it good for? I've asked, for instance, to insert a blank page while perusing an eBook. I can get the blank page... but then I ask for the keyboard, which I thought I could use to make a couple of notations on said blank page.

I type away on the keyboard (well, not with any speed to speak of) but there is no "enter" key available after the typing is done.

Can you not use the keyboard to chalk up notes during a reading session?

Still feeling my way around this reader... and thankful for any insight from all the pros on this forum...

Thanks in advance,

Helen
locomouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by locomouse View Post
Another question. I'm full of them, aren't I? Full of *something*, anyway...

How does one call forth the onscreen keyboard? The only way I can make it appear is if I choose to use the shortcut key for it.

And what, exactly, is it good for? I've asked, for instance, to insert a blank page while perusing an eBook. I can get the blank page... but then I ask for the keyboard, which I thought I could use to make a couple of notations on said blank page.

I type away on the keyboard (well, not with any speed to speak of) but there is no "enter" key available after the typing is done.

Can you not use the keyboard to chalk up notes during a reading session?

Still feeling my way around this reader... and thankful for any insight from all the pros on this forum...

Thanks in advance,

Helen
Generally you just scribble to make notes on the screen. The keyboard is for searches and will appear when needed.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
locomouse
Enthusiast
locomouse doesn't litterlocomouse doesn't litterlocomouse doesn't litter

Device: ebookwise 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Generally you just scribble to make notes on the screen. The keyboard is for searches and will appear when needed.

Dale
Thanks for clearing this up, Dale. Much appreciated...

Helen
locomouse is offline   Reply With Quote