Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
oCfuu
oCfuu began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Finally took the leap! Hello, people.

Hi there,

just two days ago I finally took the leap and got myself a PRS-505 from Fry's. A steal at $245 (+tax). It was an open box, but it looks great and works great!

I couldn't have made the decision without this great resource, though! Mobileread was an invaluable source for information and the process of deciding which one to buy was based on all the info I gathered here! Thanks to all o you for that.

Of course I had to register today and start my journey into the eBook world!

I have already read many pages on my reader, am currently playing around with calibre to get everything to work right and am looking forward to part of this great, active community!

Cheers to all of you!

Sascha
oCfuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Nice deal! Congratulations on your Reader, I hope you love it as much as I love mine.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2009, 10:17 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome, Sascha, and enjoy your new friend.

Be sure and check out all the free books available here.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:06 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Sascha -- welcome to MobileRead. Sounds like you've been reading the messages for a while before you introduced yourself. We're really glad you're here. Hope you enjoy your new Sony reader.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Sascha enjoy the 505
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2009, 11:28 PM   #6
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
G'day, Sacha. As you've seen, you'll find more help (and ebooks) here than you can ever need, coupled with an inclusive friendliness (which in some "silly" places shows itself rather...let's say, "enthusiastically") that will keep you hanging around every day probably more than is decent or productive.

Cheers, and welcome,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:35 AM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Sascha and welcome to the Forum. i got a 505 a year ago and love it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote