Notices

Old 01-03-2009, 03:32 AM   #1
SillyBear80
NEWBIE!!!!!!!!!
SillyBear80 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
Smile Recieved my new PRS 505 today!!!

I got my new PRS 505 today!!!!!!

My sister recieved a PRS 500 for Christmas. My 505 is for my birthday. I am right now downloading some Classic Books from the Sony Store.
SillyBear80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:44 AM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Congrats SillyBear--enjoy your new device!

And be sure to check out the classics that are posted here at Mobiread. There's most of the stuff that Sony has--and IMO, the stuff here is formatted MUCH better than what's available from Sony's store.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2009, 03:47 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If the upload forum here does not have the classics you want, try FeedBooks.com (ePub) and then manybooks.net (LRF).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi SillyBear80. Enjoy your new toy. I've had a 505 for a year and really like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:32 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
If the upload forum here does not have the classics you want, try FeedBooks.com (ePub) and then manybooks.net (LRF).

That's certainly a viable option.

You can also make a nicely-worded request here and someone might jump on it.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #6
DebT
Enthusiast
DebT began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Welcome to the forum!
I love my 505! I have some books from the sony classics store because they were free but really the folks here aren't kidding the ones available here are much better to get. Sometimes they havent gotten to them yet and I check around and get them at manybooks or the sony store.
You are going to have a blast!!
Happy Reading!
DebT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyBear80 View Post
I got my new PRS 505 today!!!!!!

My sister recieved a PRS 500 for Christmas. My 505 is for my birthday. I am right now downloading some Classic Books from the Sony Store.
Wow... congrats. I knew you two would be a two reader family soon enough.

Now sis is going to be jealous of your 505.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Congratulations. Your Sony Reader is going to open up so many opportunities for you. I found that having an electronic book reader and all the lovely (free) books available were a great incentive to read some of those classics that weren't assigned in my literature courses. There are some wonderful books out there!

Oh yes -- welcome to MobileRead. I hadn't seen your earlier posts, but sounds like you and your sister will be having lots of fun reading and sharing books.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #9
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Congrats! I've had my 505 for well over a year now, and it's my constant companion. I totally love it! I do find I'm not thrilled with the formatting of some of the books I've bought off the Sony Store... Don't really care for the font they choose.

But there are a lot of resources for both free & pay eBooks. Have a look around the forum! Great resources.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:48 PM   #10
TwiSteDCBloSsoM
Enthusiast
TwiSteDCBloSsoM doesn't litterTwiSteDCBloSsoM doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I just got my 505 for Christmas this year. I love it to.
Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.

That and if you ever have to have surgery on your head and can't wear glasses for a while* like me* Then the reader is perfect.. Gotta love the magnify button for books when you're blind haha.
TwiSteDCBloSsoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:09 AM   #11
oholarik
oholarik began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Congratulation

Welcome to Sony World
oholarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I hope you love your 505 as much as I love mine Welcome to the board!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #13
davers
Connoisseur
davers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony Dark Blue 505
Congratulations! I've had mine for a few weeks now and I love it! What color did you get!!
davers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #14
cjp
Zealot
cjp began at the beginning.

Device: HP Slate 500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3G+Wi-Fi, Droid
Welcome to the world of Sony Readers! I loved my 505 (silver) so much that I gave my husband a Blue one for Christmas. Now if I can only insert a few more hours into the day to read as much as I'd like to...
cjp is offline   Reply With Quote