Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-22-2008, 09:05 AM   #1
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
libprs500 questions

1. I keep all my books on a central server that's connected via nfs to each workstation. I'd like to have libprs500 on each workstation (linux & macs) work from the same library. Where is the library data stored? I figured I could symlink the library from the server to the desired location on each workstation, but I can't locate the data file.

2. Is there a way to batch add metadata to a group of files? In particular, I need to add the same author to a group of 181 books and would like to avoid doing each book individually.

Thanks!
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:24 AM   #2
Schmots
Connoisseur
Schmots began at the beginning.

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
well, on a mac the books and info is stored in the universal package. It might be something like that. Check your ~ dir and see if there is a hidden folder for lib500 and if there isn't.. they are probably where your binary is.. put the binary up on your server and run it from there.
Schmots is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2008, 12:07 PM   #3
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmots View Post
well, on a mac the books and info is stored in the universal package. It might be something like that. Check your ~ dir and see if there is a hidden folder for lib500 and if there isn't.. they are probably where your binary is.. put the binary up on your server and run it from there.
On the mac you specify the location of the books database. It's not in a hidden file or anything. I believe this applies to Windows and Linux as well. It should be easy to use a networked books database, though the settings won't be in sync and who knows what will happen when you try to access the same file at the same time. It probably won't work.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1. The library is in a file called library1.db. You can locate it using the config dialog in the libprs500 GUI (which allows you to change its location as well. It should work from a NFS store, as long as you are careful to not concurrently access it (NFS doesn't support file locking). You should look into sshfs instead.

2. Click the arrow next to the edit metadata button and use the bulk convert dialog
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:55 PM   #5
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Thanks for the replies! The network is home-based, and I'll be the only one using libprs500, so concurrent usage isn't an issue.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
libprs500