Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Recommend me an Aura HD sleeve

I'd like a sleeve for my HD, preferably one that's a snug fit (rather than a genetic 7" tablet sleeve) and one that's easy to slip the hd in and out of.

Any ideas?

I like the idea of the SleepCover but it would add a bit too much weight for my liking
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I have a soft rubber "Neotac Traction Tread Strip" I got from "Koffler Sales Company".

http://www.kofflersales.com/p/foam-a...ape.asp?cid=23

Originally, I was just going to stick it on the back of the Aura, to give it a better grip
and some protection but I found some other rubber like materials that are thinner.
The tread is 3/16" thick and has a great rubbery feel to it. The tread is 6"x21"x3/16"
so the Aura, at 5" wide, has about 1/2" of space on each side.

I intend to cut a 7.5" slab off each end of the tread, then use silicon adhesive to
attach lengths of surgical rubber tubing (the kind that is used for a modern sling-
shot) to three sides of one of the slabs.

I would also make a sack, out of a "micro-fiber" towel, that fits around the Aura.

Once the slab with the tubing has cured, I will install the sack on the slab between
the tubing making use of the adhesive on the back of the tread. Then it will just be
a matter of using the silicon adhesive to attach the other slab over the first, and
waiting for that to cure.

The result should be a slip-on rubber case that provides a great deal of protection,
and has a soft rubberized pebble texture on the outside with a micro-fiber inside.
If you want to make it a "sleep" cover, all you need is to include a magnet in the
mix. (Perhaps a refrigerator magnet between the micro-fiber and the slab, would
work?)

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I found a Taurus 7 inch tablet sleeve at WalMart Canada that fits beautifully and is very well cushioned.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
This is a perfect fit (I've tried it with the Aura) and offers excellent protection. Lightweight and easy to slip the Aura in and out:

Timbuk2 Cush Sleeve with Memory Foam
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote