Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
knfevg
knfevg began at the beginning.

Device: A81E
OPDS catalogs access

Hello everybody. After long time that I was using an iPad for reading, I decided to get an dedicated ebook reader. Thus, today I got an PocketBook 360 Plus New (PB512). I realy like it and enjoy the way it works and the features. The only thing I miss is an option to access online OPDS catalogs to read books from there. Is there anyway of doing it?
knfevg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by knfevg View Post
Hello everybody. After long time that I was using an iPad for reading, I decided to get an dedicated ebook reader. Thus, today I got an PocketBook 360 Plus New (PB512). I realy like it and enjoy the way it works and the features. The only thing I miss is an option to access online OPDS catalogs to read books from there. Is there anyway of doing it?
do you mean an OPDS of your own books? Because you can generate that with Calibre and access it - or you can use Calibre as a server and acces your books (but your laptop must be on), but perthaps you mean something else.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2012, 05:01 AM   #3
knfevg

Thats exactly what I mean. I already have OPDS serever running on my computer and I used to access it with Cool Reader from the iPad. Now, I want to enable my PB360 to access the same catalog, online. How is it possible?
Old 12-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thats exactly what I mean. I already have OPDS serever running on my computer and I used to access it with Cool Reader from the iPad. Now, I want to enable my PB360 to access the same catalog, online. How is it possible?
it is definitely possible as I have done it on a PB360+ when preparing it for my parents - only thing is, I can't remember, but there was a thread somewhere with the info, hope I can find it.

EDIT: here it is:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175808
at least, here is how to find the PB360+ IP address - hope it works!

Last edited by paola; 12-02-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
I'm not sure if Calibre can do what you want. You can use it as an WiFi home-server to download your books, but not as a remote library with free access from everywhere.

And if you are already at home it is much easier and faster to get your books via USB.

On the other hand Pocketbook in combination with Calibre offers excellent ways of storing big numbers of books easily accessible on the device by creating a decent folder structure.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2012, 04:24 AM   #6
knfevg

What I want to access is something like this:
http://m.gutenberg.org/
http://www.ebooksgratuits.com/opds/
http://flibusta.net/opds
Old 12-04-2012, 04:48 AM   #7
paola
Wizard

Quote:
mmh, I must be missing something: can't you just put this addresses in the browser?
Old 12-04-2012, 04:55 AM   #8
knfevg

for some reason the browser doesnt open them. Shows a blank page for the first two and says "Downloading" for the third