Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
mars77
mars77 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Guess i bricked my Kindle Touch - Help needed :)

my kindle touch is stuck at the screen with the tree saying "please wait while your kindle is being launched". holding down the power button does nothing.

however i can connect it to MFG tool and using the "main" profile i can reboot/awake my kindle and after disconnecting it from usb i can use it as long as i dont restart the kindle, then it is stuck again.

any advice for me? im using a windows pc if that matters, no linux.
mars77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Hello again

try this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170929 . You're much more likely to find the required information there, or to get answers to further questions. BTW, this is also prominently linked from https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...ing#Unbricking

Good luck!
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
mars77
mars77 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
thx dont understand much about what is going on there but posted anyway, maybe someone has the patience to help me out
mars77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
If you can boot to main by TEMPORARILY setting bootmode to main, then your bootmode idme var is set to something else (probably fastboot mode).

You can accidentally set it to fastboot mode in diagnostics by selecting the fastboot package in the exit menu.

Previously, the only way out of fastboot was using the fastboot tool to change the idme bootmode var, but now you can do it from diagnostics, either in an SSH shell, or from a RUNME.sh that is launched from diags.

In diags, you can change your bootmode var permanently (until you change it to something else) with:

idme -d --bootmode main

you also need to remove your ENABLE_DIAGS file if you have one, and reboot. You can do these commands:

rm -f /mnt/us/ENABLE_DIAGS
reboot

After you set bootmode to main, it should boot to main without needing to use MfgTool to do a tethered boot.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote