Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-11-2007, 02:09 PM   #1
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Will 2008 be the year of the e-book?

An ebook round table discussion was posted last week at The Bookseller with questions about future sales volumes, to DRM or not to DRM, a comparison (yet another) to the music industry, etc.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:39 PM   #2
Astropin
Connoisseur
Astropin is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-505, N800
Probably more like 2009 or 10.
Astropin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2007, 03:21 PM   #3
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
I agree. 2010 is the year.
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:32 PM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
What percentage of book sales will be in the form of ebooks then (that is, during the "year of the ebook" whether that's 2008 or 2010 or whenever)? Will it be 10%, 20%, 40%, more? I don't think I could speculate but what do you guys think? I ask because of this quote from the roundtable:

"Taylor & Francis has reported its e-book sales at 9% of total revenue. But there’s not really anything wrong with the book as a format. It could grow to 10%, 20%. But I don’t think e-book sales will be more than 40% for books overall."
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
FixB
Groupie
FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS500
For English books maybe... For French ones, not in another decade I fear
FixB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert