Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #301
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Looks like the Book Lover bug has been fixed with the 1.9.17 update on the kobo touch.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #302
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire View Post
Ok....I cheated. Since I already read the 1st Alice book, I simply downloaded the correct Alice book then opened and closed it. Got my Classic Attack award...
Seems fair enough to me; I wouldn't consider that cheating
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #303
foxfire
Enthusiast
foxfire began at the beginning.

Device: none
Angry

Ok, So I order Pretty Little Liars 2 & 3. And as PLL 3 is downloading....I lose my library AGAIN.
foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #304
foxfire
Enthusiast
foxfire began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just bought 2 books on kobo. Chalk it up to lesson learned instead of money wasted. I have spent all afternoon trying to reload my books. I get so far then Kobo suddenly disappears and I have to start over. I GIVE UP. And if anyone asks for an ereader recommendation, I will point them away from kobo. Back to my kindle where I will pay for (again) the 2 books I lost on kobo. Kindle has never dumped my library once. Kobo does it over and over.
foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #305
sarasa1
Enthusiast
sarasa1 began at the beginning.

Device: KT and iPhone
Quote:
I just bought 2 books on kobo. Chalk it up to lesson learned instead of money wasted. I have spent all afternoon trying to reload my books. I get so far then Kobo suddenly disappears and I have to start over. I GIVE UP. And if anyone asks for an ereader recommendation, I will point them away from kobo. Back to my kindle where I will pay for (again) the 2 books I lost on kobo. Kindle has never dumped my library once. Kobo does it over and over.
That's terrible. is it happening on your reader, or on the iOS? Cos my KT is fine, but my iphone app does that a lot. Every few days it will freeze while i'm reading, abort the app, and when i restart, i find that i lose my library, and then i have to refresh it and redownload the books. No idea why.
sarasa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #306
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Quote:
I'm really sorry about that, foxfire. We submitted an iOS app update that fixes this issue over a month ago, and are sadly still waiting on Apple's approval before it goes out into the store. There's a thread about the issue here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171986
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #307
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
I apologize if this was covered before, but I shuddered at the thought of reading 21 pages of this thread. I have not gotten an award on my kobo touch in months. I believe I have about 3 pages of awards. Am I out of awards that are available on the KT or is there a problem with my device?
Thanks.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #308
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobokobe View Post
I apologize if this was covered before, but I shuddered at the thought of reading 21 pages of this thread. I have not gotten an award on my kobo touch in months. I believe I have about 3 pages of awards. Am I out of awards that are available on the KT or is there a problem with my device?
Thanks.
There is a finite number of awards - at least until Kobo decides to add some more - so most likely you have simply bagged 'em all. There is a pretty comprehensive checklist earlier in this thread (a few pages in, from Sharkus), which you can use to check if you like.
Cameronpaterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #309
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Thanks, I'll check it out
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #310
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
Looks like the Book Lover bug has been fixed with the 1.9.17 update on the kobo touch.
Really?! Mine is still grayed out.. Maybe I have to do a factory reset for that? Don't really want to do it that way though.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #311
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobokobe View Post
Thanks.
For the Kobo Touch there are 27 total awards at present. The list is presented several times in this thread so you'll be able to find it relatively easily.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #312
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanyouthink View Post
I'm really sorry about that, foxfire. We submitted an iOS app update that fixes this issue over a month ago, and are sadly still waiting on Apple's approval before it goes out into the store. There's a thread about the issue here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171986
Dang that Apple store security.. :P
Old 03-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #313
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
Really?! Mine is still grayed out.. Maybe I have to do a factory reset for that? Don't really want to do it that way though.
Weird. I just did a straight install of the firmware and when I glanced at my awards to make sure all was good (I'm 80% for juggernaut and would hate to start over ) book lover was no longer grayed out.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:57 AM   #314
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
Weird. I just did a straight install of the firmware and when I glanced at my awards to make sure all was good (I'm 80% for juggernaut and would hate to start over ) book lover was no longer grayed out.
I guess I'll just have to hope it gets filled in eventually then. Unless there is a way to log into kobo.com on the KT again w/o a hard reset.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #315
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
Dang that Apple store security.. :P
Security I'm fine with, it's... < *severely* bites tongue >
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awards, reading life, touch