Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
zamlcc
zamlcc began at the beginning.

Device: nook classic
Rooted Nook Classic w/ Android Market?

Hello everyone,

I have successfully rooted my Nook classic, and am able to adb connect to it and also directly install apk on nook.

However, I saw on NookDevs on how to "Enable the Android Market" , but it is meant for rooted Nook Color.
I am not sure if it is okay to run the script on my rooted nook classic?

The reason I am asking is that I tried to install Amazon Kindle for android, but failed.
Or does anyone know what I should do to read Kindle books on my nook?

Thank you very much!!
zamlcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative
firefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enough

Device: Barnes & Noble NOOKclassic
Unfortunately there is little point in having the Android Market on the NOOKclassic, because the majority of the apps on there are designed for LCD based screens, not eink and therefore the refresh rate isn't fast enough.

Kindle for Android isn't optimized for a NOOKclassic, and I tried an APK of it awhile ago, which it refused to install with a generic "Could not install on this phone" message.
Even if it would install, it would be quite difficult to control without a computer and VNC, thereby degrading the point of even putting it on there. All these apps are touch-optimized too, meaning without the full sized touchscreen you can't control anything apart from what lands on the colour LCD part of the NOOK.

Unfortunately, the only thing you can really do is crack the DRM off the Kindle books, but as noted by many others on the boards, we aren't allowed to share any links or information about circumventing DRM. However, Google is your friend

So, by all means try and run the script, it might even work, but there is little to no practical use of the Android Market on the NOOKclassic...

Hope that helps,
firefox
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert