Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-16-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
Nook Color, Slow to Spotty Wireless?

Just curious if the Nooks wireless connection seems slow to anyone else? Sometimes it seems speedy, at other times it crawls, and somethings the wireless just quits and I have to reboot it to get it back.

Anyone else noticing this?
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergi View Post
Just curious if the Nooks wireless connection seems slow to anyone else? Sometimes it seems speedy, at other times it crawls, and somethings the wireless just quits and I have to reboot it to get it back.

Anyone else noticing this?
I've never had any issues with WiFi, particularly with it quitting and requiring a reboot. Is it with your home router or WiFi hot spots?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #3
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I've never had any issues with WiFi, particularly with it quitting and requiring a reboot. Is it with your home router or WiFi hot spots?
I've only tried it at home so far. But I have my Mac and iPad and those aren't having issues. Right now its fine, I just rebooted it, but I thought if I'm having a problem I would like to know before my 45 day return is up for an exchange.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #4
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
No issues with mine and I've connected it to a few different places.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:31 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergi View Post
I've only tried it at home so far. But I have my Mac and iPad and those aren't having issues. Right now its fine, I just rebooted it, but I thought if I'm having a problem I would like to know before my 45 day return is up for an exchange.
Hmmm, something like that I would say exchange it. If the next one does it, then you know it's a deeper issue with the relationship between the router and the NOOKcolor.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2010, 10:37 PM   #6
Synergi
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Hmmm, something like that I would say exchange it. If the next one does it, then you know it's a deeper issue with the relationship between the router and the NOOKcolor.
Thanks, I'm going to do the hack for adhoc and see how it works then. If I still have problems I'll exchange it.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:45 PM   #7
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
no issues here as well, connects really fast and holds a strong signal
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:58 PM   #8
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Mine works perfectly. Seems as fast as my netbook.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:00 AM   #9
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Another thumbs up here. It's been perfect so far.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:06 AM   #10
meglet
Enthusiast
meglet doesn't littermeglet doesn't littermeglet doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
I'm having similar issues with my NookColor on G networks. Its happened at work and at home, sometimes wireless wont connect when it wakes from sleep, and sometimes it drops a nearly full signal in the middle of loading a page. I'm going to hook it up to my N network this weekend and see if that helps. If not i guess I'll be unrooting and exchanging.
meglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:01 AM   #11
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
My NC has the strongest wireless signal of any device in my house. I can pick up a neighbor's unprotected wi-fi, and I'm in a rural area with only one neighbor I could be picking up (at about 100 feet).

None of the other wi-fi devices in the house - the nook, ipod touch 2g and 3g, 2 laptops, Wii, etc...none of the rest of them even pick up this network. I get about 20% signal strength on it on the NC.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:47 AM   #12
donovan1983
donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I have had issues a few times where I have to turn wifi off and then back on to get it to pick up both my home wireless signal and the AT&T wifi at Starbucks after waking it from sleep mode. Once it's connected, though, it seems to hold a solid signal and I've had no issues with connection speed. This is both rooted and unrooted, although it seems to be less problematic when unrooted from my limited experience in the past few days.
donovan1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:56 AM   #13
Synergi
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglet View Post
I'm having similar issues with my NookColor on G networks. Its happened at work and at home, sometimes wireless wont connect when it wakes from sleep, and sometimes it drops a nearly full signal in the middle of loading a page. I'm going to hook it up to my N network this weekend and see if that helps. If not i guess I'll be unrooting and exchanging.
Ok this is what I was getting. Its not my router that's brand new and thd nook is the only device that dropx or slows down. Its simutanious dual band g/n so I don't know if that's it either.

I did the adhoc which made it drop connecfion everytime it sleeps but I was expecting. It will be after Christmas before I decide I will exchange it, since my Best Buy are all out of Nook Colors.

I hate to unroot it after Zeroh was kind enough to walk me through it.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #14
meglet
Enthusiast
meglet doesn't littermeglet doesn't littermeglet doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Synergi, have you given the new 1.0.1 firmware a try yet? It supposedly fixes some Wi-Fi issues. I'm considering it, one more Wi-Fi dropout is probably all it will take to convince me the update is worth un-rooting, updating, and re-rooting.
meglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:51 AM   #15
Synergi
Addict

I've tried it, it doesn't seem to take hold. I show I still have 1.0. Maybe because I'm rooted, not sure..