Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-25-2017, 06:52 PM   #1
roninjedi
roninjedi began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet 7'
Books that showed up/worked on my origional nook not working on nook tablet

Ok so I posted yesterday but I feel their is enough new stuff for a new thread.

So in my thread yesterday I said that many of my books would not show up in my library. So today I have been going though most of them and have found a few things.

One is that all of the books that don't work on the nook library for my nook 7in tablet still work for Calbire and my old nook eReader (heck half the ones that aren't showing up I read them on the old one).

A second problem is that many that don't show up still work if I go into the directory and click on the ebook. It will start up and let me read and even appear in the library its self untill I refresh it.

A third and strange problem is some of them will say they are not a recognized file type even while being a epub file. I even tried converting epub to epub to see if it would work and it didnt. And to make it any stranger it seems kind of random. Like for example I had five books that were DL'ed in the same batch and two of them gave me the error. And once again these two work on Calibre and the old nook.

So I don't know where to go from here. Right now I'm in the process of singling out all of the "bad" books. It looks like maybe forty in all. I guess right now when I get them all pinpointed I will try converting them again or maybe downloading them or IDK. Right now the Nook 7'in tablet isn't looking like a good buy with this plus a super small memory with the OS and unavoidable apps taking up all but 3gb of it.

Acctually could it be that its not a dedicated Ereader? I mean the nook app on it should be the same as on the old Ereader right?
roninjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:00 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
My suggestion is that you forgo the Nook app on your tablet altogether. Go with a combination of Calibre Companion and a Ebook reader such as Bookai or Moon+.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:34 PM   #3
roninjedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
My suggestion is that you forgo the Nook app on your tablet altogether. Go with a combination of Calibre Companion and a Ebook reader such as Bookai or Moon+.

bernie
I might do that. It seems like it might be the easiest option and I want to at least keep my tablet because its nice for reading comics and manga. Never heard of those two readers so which one would you suggest.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:39 PM   #4
roninjedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post

bernie
Went ahead and did it. Thanks for the advice. I'm enjoying both Calibre and Moon+. Though Its kind of sucky that I need to apps to read my books on a device made for reading books.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:58 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by roninjedi View Post
Went ahead and did it. Thanks for the advice. I'm enjoying both Calibre and Moon+. Though Its kind of sucky that I need to apps to read my books on a device made for reading books.
It is just a 'Branded' tablet with the hosting companies app pre-loaded.

(and you may need that app if you buy books with DRM from B&N )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote