Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
UrbanNightmare
Enthusiast
UrbanNightmare began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Adroid animation just keeps going.

Man I feel like a dunce. Usually I'm pretty good with hacking Linux boxes but this one has me stumped.

I just got my IQ this morning. Took me all of five minutes to put the Repack 20110118 on. After that it took me a while to find out how to get it so my Win7 machine would load the drivers so I could run ADB. Once I got that going I created a 3.4 Gig vfat partition and a 500 meg ext3 partition. I ran the steps to get a2sd going but on the reboot of the device it just kept reloading the the android animation.

Has anyone seen this happen. I read through as many threads that I can but couldn't find anything. Not even sure what I should search for.

Other then that its a great device. Really happy I picked it up.

Urban Nightmare - Living the dream
UrbanNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
1. were both partitions primary? They both need to be primary.

That's the only thing that I can think of.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
UrbanNightmare
Enthusiast

They are. Thanks for the tip.

Could it be possible that the SD card I'm using is to slow? Its an old 4 gig card. I will be picking up a 16 gig class 10 tomorrow.

Urban Nightmare
Old 03-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

if you think that it is your SD card, why don't you pop the cover off and partition the internal microSD card. that's the one that I use for a2sd.

Cheers
Old 03-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #5
UrbanNightmare
Enthusiast

I'll give that a try. Just have to reboot in to linux to do it. I've already had the cover off a couple of times to reflash the device after it would hang during boot up after doing the a2sd.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #6
UrbanNightmare
Enthusiast

So I opened the IQ up and partitioned the internal 2gig card to have 512 meg ext3 and a 1.5 gig fat32 partitions. Setup a2sd and it seems to be working. It now reports 384 megs of app space available.

Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #7
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNightmare View Post
So I opened the IQ up and partitioned the internal 2gig card to have 512 meg ext3 and a 1.5 gig fat32 partitions. Setup a2sd and it seems to be working. It now reports 384 megs of app space available.

Thanks for the tip.
Good to see it worked for you. I have a question though : how do you see the app space available ? Do you give an a2sd command in adb, and if so, which one, or is there a another to find this out directly on the IQ ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #8
UrbanNightmare
Enthusiast

I went to Settings/SD Card and Memory. The top part shows the external SD card that I have installed and at the bottom it shows Internal Memory. The internal memory used to show about 32 megs (after installing a few apps) and now it shows over 300 megs.

Now I just need to find out where in the OI File Manager is my internal Fat sdcard.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #9
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Good to see it worked for you. I have a question though : how do you see the app space available ? Do you give an a2sd command in adb, and if so, which one, or is there a another to find this out directly on the IQ ?
I use a free app "DiskUsage" to keep track of used/available space.

Cheers