Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-21-2018, 02:50 PM   #1
libertango
Connoisseur
libertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo clara hd, kobo glo hd, kobo aura h2o, kobo touch, kindle dx
Searching in koreader file browser: no back button?

When I am browsing the books in the file browser, sometimes I just want to go back to my reading but I don't find anyway to go directly back. My workaround is to go to the hamburger menu and select 'Open last document'. There is no back button or am I missing something?
libertango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:46 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Your "workaround" is the best way for that now, what we used to do is poke the top item in the History listing.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2018, 05:37 AM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Everything's a trade-off. If this is something one would expect a back button to do, and I'm not sure that it should, I think it might well be more like:

- back page
- back folder
- back folder
- reopen document

PS A back button is something I'd like to have in the file browser. But I always thought it'd stop at the "first" location.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:17 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It seems, to me, like there is pretty good navigation in the browser, that includes logical procedures to move through the file structure, in both directions, within the browser. To provide for a "return" that jumps out of the browser, fits the "'Open last document" option's description. Perhaps somehow having a "Return to last document" in the first Browser menu (current tab)? Don't know if it would be worth the effort, for going from three pokes to two.

Luck;
Ken
Old 02-22-2018, 03:04 PM   #5
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
But I think that we must be in consideration not only the number of pokes but also the logical operation for an intuitive functionality.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2018, 08:32 AM   #6
libertango
Connoisseur
libertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo clara hd, kobo glo hd, kobo aura h2o, kobo touch, kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
To provide for a "return" that jumps out of the browser, fits the "'Open last document" option's description.
I second that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Perhaps somehow having a "Return to last document" in the first Browser menu (current tab)? Don't know if it would be worth the effort, for going from three pokes to two.
why not one poke, with a command similar to the actual Home icon
libertango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:43 AM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard

I am pretty satisfied with how it is now, but I guess you might like adding a couple of Frenzie's new Radio Buttons, to the long press option for the home button? The default being go to the current Browser home and one be a Return to last document. They would set the action that a poke to the home icon provides.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 02-23-2018 at 09:45 AM.