Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-02-2019, 05:53 PM   #1
bookwormy
bookwormy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prst1
Red face Where is the preferences button?

I have installed calibre on a new windows 10 computer and there is no preferences button anywhere. I would like this to add some plugins. I do know what to look for, but it isn't there. I tried both the 64 bit and 32 bit versions and also a much earlier version. And no, it isn't hidden on a second line of icons at the top. If anyone has any hints, I will be so very grateful
bookwormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:04 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Ctrl-P if it is hidden
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:36 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If there is a » at right end of toolbar, click on it.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:52 AM   #4
bookwormy

Thank you for the offer of Brainstorming. I have installed the exact same version of Calibre on my laptop and my desktop. The desired icon is on the desktop, but not the laptop. Both computers are running the same version of windows 10. The only difference in computers that I can think of, is one is a desk top and the other a laptop. But surely the button is not missing on other people's laptops! I am stumped.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:55 AM   #5
bookwormy

And no, it is not a compressed line that spills underneath, so no arrows to click on. But thanks for the idea BetterRed
Old 01-03-2019, 11:38 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormy View Post
Thank you for the offer of Brainstorming. I have installed the exact same version of Calibre on my laptop and my desktop. The desired icon is on the desktop, but not the laptop. Both computers are running the same version of windows 10. The only difference in computers that I can think of, is one is a desk top and the other a laptop. But surely the button is not missing on other people's laptops! I am stumped.
Put it back on the Toolbar if it got deleted.
Preferences: Toolbars: Main

Note: there is a different toolbar if a device is connected
Note: both the Editor, and the Viewer have their OWN preferences
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:51 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@bookwormy - If you are still struggling with this, please post some relevant screenshots i.e. - main window and preferences->toolbars->main.

If you go into Advanced mode, and use the Manage Attachments button below the edit box you can post the images here - which we would prefer

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:39 AM   #8
bookwormy

The suggestion to click control P made the button appear, and I have been able to move it to Toolbar. Thanks to all who helped me. This is a wonderful forum. And Calibre is a fantastic program, thanks Kovid