Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-19-2018, 03:21 PM   #1
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
Older Kindles Unable to Register.

Is anybody else having this problem? I can Only Register Kindle Oasis's, Kindle Voyages, Kindle Paperwhites, Kindle 7th and 8th Generations. Anything older than that refuses to register.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:14 PM   #2
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I'm able to register all my kindles including 4 Kindle Keyboards, kindle touch, kindle 6" 4th gen. I don't have anything older than a kindle keyboard. When I had problems registering one 4th gen, it turned out I was typing my email address incorrectly (I kept dropping the .com). All of these were used (I wasn't original owner).

If that doesn't work, do a hard reset. If that still doesn't work, call Amazon and see if there is something funky about the registration.

Last edited by Tarana; 05-19-2018 at 04:17 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2018, 04:22 PM   #3
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

I tried resetting it, and it didn't work. I did contact Amazon and they can't do anything. I have tried around 50 of the older Kindles and none of them register. I can register the newer Kindles just fine. Amazon also confirmed for me that they are not blacklisted.
Old 05-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #4
SKK
Addict

Maybe it is just something wrong with my Amazon account, but that wouldn't explain being able to register the newer Kindles.
Old 05-19-2018, 06:43 PM   #5
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, deregistered and registered a voyage and tried to register kindle 4 and I'm getting exactly the same problem you are. I'll give Amazon a call to let them know there's some kind of a problem.
Advert
Old 05-19-2018, 07:13 PM   #6
Tarana
Wizard

Oh I know what it is!! You have to Manually update the system. Go to Amazon and look for the download for your device . Download onto reader, restart and you'll be set. Then it should connect.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:23 PM   #7
SKK
Addict

Thanks for your help! However they are updated to the newest firmware. I think it is a problem at Amazon's end.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:42 PM   #8
Tarana
Wizard

Ok, I contacted Amazon and he had me hold reset button for 40 seconds and reregistered it on his end. I was already connected to wifi, not sure if that is your case. Sorry I couldn't help you but by going through the device section, I think I got to technical help directly. Give it another try.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:46 PM   #9
SKK
Addict

Hi, thanks for your help. I got them successfully registered by them registering it on their end, and my WiFi on like you said. I would still like to be able to register it from the Kindles end though. Amazon needs to fix the problem.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:38 PM   #10
SKK
Addict

I complained about the problem to Amazon. They told me that they would pass on my information to the right people, and that the problem would be fixed sometime this week. I hope that is true.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:01 AM   #11
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
LOL! I panicked and check my Kindle Keyboards, which I depend upon for 3G when I'm in the country to get newspapers, etc. I'm dreading the day when Amazon cuts this connection, but so far they've been great. As far as newer models go, I'm perfectly happy reading on Kindle 3 (I have 4 or 5, discarded by friends, repaired with new screens, motherboards, etc.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:05 AM   #12
SKK
Addict

Everything works fine if your kindles are already registered. You just need to call Amazon and have them register it on their end if it is deregistered.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:56 PM   #13
Amiieey
Connoisseur
Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Likebook Mars, Kindle Fire HD 8
I just got a Kindle 5th Gen two days ago and Amazon can register it on their end, but I can't register it on my end (from the Kindle). You are not alone in this issue because I saw a post on Reddit about it too. I swear on my life the info I enter on the Kindle is correct - I double check like 3 times each time. And it is up to date too. So who knows what the problem is.
Amiieey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:05 AM   #14
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiieey View Post
I just got a Kindle 5th Gen two days ago and Amazon can register it on their end, but I can't register it on my end (from the Kindle). You are not alone in this issue because I saw a post on Reddit about it too. I swear on my life the info I enter on the Kindle is correct - I double check like 3 times each time. And it is up to date too. So who knows what the problem is.
What firmware version?
Did you install the most recent version that is now posted by Amazon?
(Amazon rolled the TLS and cert updates into the most recent firmware for the device but did not change its external version number.)

WHICH "Kindle 5th. gen" ?
See:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
Or just post the first six characters of your device's serial number.

Last edited by knc1; 05-23-2018 at 08:07 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:22 AM   #15
Tarana
Wizard

It is definitely on their end, so don't beat yourself up. Just call and have them register it for you. It's kind of a hassle for me because I'm selling a couple of old units, but at least they can be registered through customer service until they fix it.