Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-04-2018, 12:31 PM   #1
DA-990
DA-990 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Google Metadata not downloading?

Hello all,

I'm not sure if it's just me or not, I am unable to pull down metadata information from the inbuilt Google plugin. I had to stop the download job mid process and when I started it up I get this error, even on books I downloaded data about from a few minutes prior:

calibre, version 3.20.0
ERROR: No matches found: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click "Show details".

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'authors': [u'Robert Weinberg', u'Daniel Gould'], u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Foundations of Sport and Exercise Psychology 6th Edition With Web Study Guide', u'identifiers': {u'isbn': u'9781450469814', u'goodreads': u'23322296', u'mobi-asin': u'B00LPICJ6Y', u'amazon_uk': u'1450469817', u'google': u'7NqVBAAAQBAJ'}}
Using plugins: Google (1, 0, 0)
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** Google (1, 0, 0) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Google took 1.05700016022
Making query: https://books.google.com/books/feeds...&start-index=1
Failed to make identify query: u'https://books.google.com/books/feeds/volumes?q=isbn%3A9781450469814&max-results=20&min-viewability=none&start-index=1'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\google.py ", line 362, in identify
File "site-packages\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 239, in open_novisit
File "site-packages\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 310, in _mech_open
httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 1.20 seconds
The longest time (1.057000) was taken by: Google
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds

I'm not entirely sure how to proceed; does the 403 mean Google has banned me, or have I just really upset Calibre? I've tried reinstallation but the problem persists. As I said, I've tested it on books that was given metadata information from Google moments before there was a problem.

Other metadata sources are working fine.

Thanks in advance.
DA-990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:48 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
How many times (titles) did you hit Google in a short time? Excessive use gets blocked at many sites.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2018, 12:53 PM   #3
DA-990

Thank you for the reply! I ran about 1000 titles through it, then I had to abort as my computer seemed unstable at the time and ran it again. I did a test run eariler in the day with 200 titles which seemed to go through fine. The day prior I had run about 2000 titles through the process.

Would you happen to know if this is a permenant ban? I got a tad greedy with Project Guternburg and Feedbooks and now I'm wondering if I'm destinated to live a life with an incomplete genre tag-set.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:59 PM   #4
dheeraj
dheeraj began at the beginning.

Device: none
try asking on google product forum, you may find there more reliable answer.
dheeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:32 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA-990 View Post
Thank you for the reply! I ran about 1000 titles through it, then I had to abort as my computer seemed unstable at the time and ran it again. I did a test run eariler in the day with 200 titles which seemed to go through fine. The day prior I had run about 2000 titles through the process.

Would you happen to know if this is a permenant ban? I got a tad greedy with Project Guternburg and Feedbooks and now I'm wondering if I'm destinated to live a life with an incomplete genre tag-set.
It is a periodic ban. SMALL batches (~20-30) per hour will probably never trip it
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2018, 05:03 PM   #6
DA-990

Thank you. I have been unable to find information over the period of the ban, or any banning policy. I'm hoping it'll be 24 hours, and then I can take it slow and steady then.

Tags
403, download, google, metadata