Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-15-2017, 01:30 PM   #1
speaknut
speaknut will become famous soon enoughspeaknut will become famous soon enoughspeaknut will become famous soon enoughspeaknut will become famous soon enoughspeaknut will become famous soon enoughspeaknut will become famous soon enough

Device: Amazon kindle paper white
Font problem

Hello everyone. I would like to ask you all a question. I am trying to create an epub file using my language (Burmese), but, it seems Sigils does not support my font. Is there any way to solve that issue?

Click image for larger version

Name:	21bujl.png
Views:	234
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	160666

This is my targeted result, and I typed those letters in notepad. When I copy those words to Sigils, it showed me like this.

Name:	cp8jc.png
Views:	208
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	160667

Could you advice me how do I correct it? I don't have any knowledge in html or CSS. Thank you so much.

I also attached font file here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tUq...ew?usp=sharing

Sincerely,
Speaknut

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-15-2017 at 01:39 PM.
speaknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:52 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
You need CSS code to properly embed a font. Your first course of action should be to google font embedding in epubs to learn how this is done.

Alternatively Sigil has a plugin that will try to build the required css from the font itself.

See the plugin index here for links to the CSSFromFonts plugin.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=247431
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2017, 02:28 PM   #3
speaknut
speaknut will become famous soon enoughspeaknut will become famous soon enoughspeaknut will become famous soon enoughspeaknut will become famous soon enoughspeaknut will become famous soon enoughspeaknut will become famous soon enough

Thank you sir. If there any tutorial on that? because I don't know CSS either. I want to follow every single step. Thank you.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:32 PM   #4
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by speaknut View Post
Thank you sir. If there any tutorial on that? because I don't know CSS either. I want to follow every single step. Thank you.
Have a look at my tutorial (see my signature). It's a little outdated, but I think it might be useful for you.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:41 PM   #5
najgori
Klak
najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

it is not (just?) css problem.
this font does not have myanmar selected in supported unicode ranges.
sigil for windows (probably) cannot show those glyphs even though they exist in font file.
najgori is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2017, 02:44 PM   #6
speaknut

The plug is working sir, but I still get the squres.

Name:	30bfej7.png
Views:	157
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	160680

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-15-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:03 PM   #7
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have a look at the attached epub test file. I embedded your font, created a stylesheet and assigned your font as the body font. Then I picked some comment in what I beleive is Burmese from some website and put it in the body of the xhtml file. Looks Ok in Preview and Book View, but not in Code View...
Attached Files
File Type: epub Test - ZawgyiOne.epub (192.1 KB, 105 views)
Old 12-15-2017, 03:08 PM   #8
Pablo
Guru

Preview and Book View Ok - see attachment
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Captura1.PNG
Views:	141
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	160678  
Old 12-15-2017, 03:10 PM   #9
Pablo
Guru

Code View - the squares....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Captura2.PNG
Views:	141
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	160679  
Old 12-15-2017, 03:14 PM   #10
speaknut

What! How did you do that sir. That is so cool. Could you teach me sir. Please!
Old 12-15-2017, 03:16 PM   #11
Pablo
Guru

Quote:
What! How did you do that sir. That is so cool. Could you teach me sir. Please!
Download the ePub in post #7... The screenshots are from that file.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:18 PM   #12
speaknut

Sorry for my lack of knowledge sir. The only thing I can do is, I can only follow your steps. Thanks a million. God bless you.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:23 PM   #13
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You control the font used in Codeview by Sigil Preferences. Make sure you are using a font in Codeview that supports the unicode ranges/characters you want to see and is fixed size like Courier.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 03:25 PM   #14
Pablo
Guru

Quote:
Sorry for my lack of knowledge sir. The only thing I can do is, I can only follow your steps. Thanks a million. God bless you.
I'm glad to help... have a look at my Quick and Dirty ePub Tutorial, it requieres no previous knowledge.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:26 PM   #15
Pablo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
You control the font used in Codeview by Sigil Preferences. Make sure you are using a font in Codeview that supports the unicode ranges/characters you want to see and is fixed size like Courier.
I tried to change the code view font in the Preferences, but this font was not listed. Maybe it is not fixed size, I don't know.