Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-10-2018, 08:01 AM   #1
Sparshkr10
Sparshkr10 began at the beginning.

Device: KT3
Exclamation Read Google Play Books on Kindle 8th Gen

I used to upload and read all my books on Google Play Books from my Android phone. Now I am planing to purchase Kindle 8th Gen E-reader but unable to download books from Play books to read on Kindle. I don't even have copies of those books. Is there anyway to read Google Play Books on Kindle?

P.S I live in India and Kindle is the only e-reader which is available in budget.
Sparshkr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:49 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
"8th generation" is a Marketing term which can vary by sales region.
In the USA, there are two (2) "8th generation" Kindle 'e-reader' devices (other than Kindle Fire e-readers).

Please use the first six characters of your device's serial number and this table:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
to learn what the model specific nickname is that you (and we) need to know when discussing technical features.

Note:
There are also "8th generation" Kindle Fire (color) devices, those run a Google/Linux os (a.k.a: Android).
This is the forum for the grayscale Kindle devices, which run an Amazon/Linux os (no specific name).

So in the case of your specific question, it is important that we know the specific model (by nickname) you are asking about.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:58 PM   #3
Sparshkr10

Actually I don't know what the model nickname is as I'm purchasing it from Amazon.in and no information about it is provided in the description. I'm attaching the link to the web-page, hoping it will be of some help for you to determine the model.https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...k_ql_qh_dp_hza. It is a grey-scale 2016 Kindle Basic E-reader.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:12 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
You can download your Google Play books as epub files. Go to the Google Play website, then choose Books -> My Books, click on the three dots on a book cover and you'll see the option to download Epub. If the books have DRM, you'll need to remove it, otherwise you won't be able to convert them to Kindle format (mobi or azw3, azw3 is better). Calibre will do the converting. As to removing the DRM, visit the Apprentice Alf's blog https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/

Last edited by Sirtel; 05-10-2018 at 03:15 PM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:06 PM   #5
Sparshkr10

Uploaded books don't have "Download epub" option. They only have delete option and I don't have copies of those books. My college provides books in epub form and I used to upload them on Google Play Books to save space on my phone. Is there any other way?
Old 05-11-2018, 12:31 AM   #6
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparshkr10 View Post
Uploaded books don't have "Download epub" option. They only have delete option and I don't have copies of those books. My college provides books in epub form and I used to upload them on Google Play Books to save space on my phone. Is there any other way?
You can download your uploaded books from takeout.google.com. It's a bit convoluted process, but it's entirely doable.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:21 AM   #7
Sparshkr10

Did that too but only few of my books are readable.. Most of them are of 3 KB size and cannot be opened.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:35 AM   #8
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Did that too but only few of my books are readable.. Most of them are of 3 KB size and cannot be opened.
What is the file extension of those 3 kb files?
Old 05-11-2018, 02:45 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Actually I don't know what the model nickname is as I'm purchasing it from Amazon.in and no information about it is provided in the description. I'm attaching the link to the web-page, hoping it will be of some help for you to determine the model.https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...k_ql_qh_dp_hza. It is a grey-scale 2016 Kindle Basic E-reader.
KT3
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:33 AM   #10
Sparshkr10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
What is the file extension of those 3 kb files?
Some have .pdf and others have no extentions. Should I attach some files?
Old 05-11-2018, 03:34 AM   #11
Sparshkr10

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
KT3
Okay. Thank you
Old 05-23-2018, 03:48 PM   #12
DaAppleMan
DaAppleMan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The files you downloaded are ascm files.

You need to install Adobe Digital Editions onto your pc.
Register the software.
Import the ascm files into ADE.
Once they are downloaded use the DRM removal tools from apprenticealf
Import into Calibre to export them to your kindle.

It's a long and convoluted process but it works.
DaAppleMan is offline   Reply With Quote