Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #1
dismukes
dismukes began at the beginning.

Device: papyre
problems with metadata in Calibre

I have an account in isbndb, but Calibre says password is incorrect when searches for metadata, but it is the correct. Have someone a solution?
Thanks
Dismukes
dismukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:58 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dismukes View Post
I have an account in isbndb, but Calibre says password is incorrect when searches for metadata, but it is the correct. Have someone a solution?
I have some questions.
  • How long has it been working in calibre before it started giving you this error?
  • Could isbn be asking for a security check that requires manual intervention?
  • Did you go to isbndb and manually log in to verify it was still functioning?
  • If it never worked in calibre have you verified the case is right on the password and username?
  • Is there a leading or trailing space or other character in the username or password field?
  • Have you tried deleting both username and password and manually re-typing each in the plugin?
Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:26 AM   #3
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
When I first tried calibre, I got an ISBNdb account as instructed but it wouldn't work in calibre so I blew off calibre. When I couldn't find anything else that met my needs, I tried calibre again (roughly 24 hours later) and the ISBNdb was finally working in calibre. I'm guessing that there is a waiting period before a new ISBNdb key works.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by dismukes View Post
Thanks
Dismukes
There's a difference between the password for an account in isbndb and a developer key. You need the key, not your account password.
http://isbndb.com/docs/api/30-keys.html
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
I'm guessing that there is a waiting period before a new ISBNdb key works.
I read the request about a password and I totally forgot it was a key. Now I am curious what the poster was actually trying to do.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:49 AM   #6
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
There's a difference between the password for an account in isbndb and a developer key. You need the key, not your account password.
http://isbndb.com/docs/api/30-keys.html

Thank you !
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:09 AM   #7
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post

Thank you !
You're welcome. There's no reason for the headslap - I made the same error.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:25 AM   #8
philandjan
Trainee Old Git
philandjan doesn't litterphilandjan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
I'm glad I looked in here - I certainly learnt something!

Perhaps it's a shortcoming in the account opening procedures within ISBNdb. I opened an account, created a password and then sat back waiting for an email to activate the account. I didn't realise that there was a different screen that you had to go through to get a key.

Thanks to this thread I have just been there and got one.
philandjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #9
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by philandjan View Post
I'm glad I looked in here - I certainly learnt something!
No matter how familiar with Calibre you are, there's always someone who knows more about some part of it. I learned most of what I know about Calibre by reading the threads here. There's always something new (and if there isn't, there's something old.)

Tags
calibre, isbndb, metadata