Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-08-2019, 09:43 AM   #1
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Aura 2nd Edition

I'm excited that I found a great deal on ebay for a Kobo Aura Edition 2. I won't know which edition 2 it is until it arrives. As it's coming to the US from Hong Kong, I may have a long wait. It is used but in excellent condition, so the listing states. It was only 18.99 with free shipping! After the cash back I made recently, cost to me is under $4. Beat that bargain!

Now I wonder if I can get my Glo HD back from my daughter, if she'll like this one instead.....either way, I'll have a 6" Kobo again, which I miss.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:50 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I'm excited that I found a great deal on ebay for a Kobo Aura Edition 2. I won't know which edition 2 it is until it arrives. As it's coming to the US from Hong Kong, I may have a long wait. It is used but in excellent condition, so the listing states. It was only 18.99 with free shipping! After the cash back I made recently, cost to me is under $4. Beat that bargain!
That is a good deal. Congratulations! I thought I got a good deal with my Kobo Aura Edition 2 on Shop Goodwill for $15 (plus about $14 for shipping), but yours is better... and it took this particular Goodwill over a week to ship and somehow FedEx delayed it, so I wouldn't be surprised if you get faster shipping than I got.

I didn't know there were two versions of the Aura Edition 2. I checked mine, I've got a "0" for the seventh character, so I guess I have the 1st version (Mark 6?). If you borrow from Overdrive you might want to hold on to the Aura instead of getting the Glo HD back (though I'm guessing the Glo has a nicer screen).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2019, 05:41 AM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
That is a good deal. Congratulations! I thought I got a good deal with my Kobo Aura Edition 2 on Shop Goodwill for $15 (plus about $14 for shipping), but yours is better... and it took this particular Goodwill over a week to ship and somehow FedEx delayed it, so I wouldn't be surprised if you get faster shipping than I got.

I didn't know there were two versions of the Aura Edition 2. I checked mine, I've got a "0" for the seventh character, so I guess I have the 1st version (Mark 6?). If you borrow from Overdrive you might want to hold on to the Aura instead of getting the Glo HD back (though I'm guessing the Glo has a nicer screen).
Since mine is coming from Hong Kong the shipping window is Dec 31-Feb 12. I expect it will be on the sooner side of the window.

I do use Overdrive. I will consider not trading it....once I see them side by side. Have you used Overdrive on yours? I just wonder how cumbersome the process might be. I will try it out!

I couldn't believe my luck at finding such a price....it was the last of 24 that were being sold. Crossing my fingers that it's in the condition described!
Old 12-09-2019, 07:50 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I do use Overdrive. I will consider not trading it....once I see them side by side. Have you used Overdrive on yours? I just wonder how cumbersome the process might be. I will try it out!
No, not cumbersome at all. You just go to Settings -> Overdrive and log in to your library (just search by zip code and choose the one you use). Then you go to the Kobo Store, and click your library name (in my case, Meridian Library District, the other two headings are Overview and Wishlist). That's it for browsing featured books. If you want to Search, just do a normal bookstore search but choose the Overdrive drop-down filter. At that point you'll see "Read Now" (if the book is borrowed), Borrow or Place a Hold (if it's not currently available). There's also a three dot, drop down menu for each book that has several other choice choices, like return, preview, view details, buy, etc.

The other cool thing about it is that, once you borrow a book on the Aura 2, it shows up on all your Kobos (except for my Mini?) when you sync. Even shows up on the Android app. So it's kind of a nice setup.

I guess one issue with it is that the library's Overdrive edition of the book has to match the Kobo Store's edition or it won't show up. I don't know yet how big of a problem that is going to be.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:32 PM   #5
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: changing frequently
Haha, I also ordered one from ebay for that price.

I also ordered a Kobo Aura Edition 1 for $19,91 from ebay shipping free from China. The seller claims it comes from an inventory stock of a supermarket.
AnimalOfArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2019, 01:37 PM   #6
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalOfArt View Post

I also ordered a Kobo Aura Edition 1 for $19,91 from ebay shipping free from China. The seller claims it comes from an inventory stock of a supermarket.
Design-wise, I far prefer the Aura 1 to the 2. But the 2 does have the newer Carta screen. Even though their resolution is the same, the 2 should have a better looking screen.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:56 PM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalOfArt View Post

Oh I'm in awe of your bargain finding. I loved my Aura edition 1, until I broke it.

You must have gotten one of the 24 Edition 2's. Post here when you get it!
Old 12-11-2019, 03:24 AM   #8
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh I'm in awe of your bargain finding. I loved my Aura edition 1, until I broke it.

You must have gotten one of the 24 Edition 2's. Post here when you get it!
well, it' 32 sold by now. the seller just puts about 3 on sale everyday or so.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kobo-Aura-E...k/184064936590

Same with the Aura Edition 1:

In black
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kobo-Aura-D...t/124002361671

In pink
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kobo-Aura-D...t/153755530339

I ordered mine in black.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:53 AM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Well thank you! Now they are gone again, but I will check back!
Old 12-11-2019, 07:03 AM   #10
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
The pink is still available.

Just ordered one

Last edited by Gibbo; 12-11-2019 at 07:13 AM.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:09 PM   #11
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Well thank you! Now they are gone again, but I will check back!
Black and pink are back up again... but I'm a bit skeptical. Why so cheap?

EDIT: Looks like this outfit is competing against itself, using a different name. So 5 available at one listing and 7 at the other.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kobo-Aura-D...96dc%7Ciid%3A1

Last edited by rcentros; 12-11-2019 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:23 PM   #12
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Black and pink are back up again... but I'm a bit skeptical. Why so cheap?

EDIT: Looks like this outfit is competing against itself, using a different name. So 5 available at one listing and 7 at the other.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kobo-Aura-D...96dc%7Ciid%3A1
I loved my Aura. Gave it to an uncle when I got the Clara. For $20, it's tempting to buy another one. But I do remember that when the Clara and Aura were side-by-side, suddenly the Aura felt practically unreadable. (Not that it is! Just the newer generation Carta screen instantly spoiled me.)
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:34 PM   #13
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I loved my Aura. Gave it to an uncle when I got the Clara. For $20, it's tempting to buy another one. But I do remember that when the Clara and Aura were side-by-side, suddenly the Aura felt practically unreadable. (Not that it is! Just the newer generation Carta screen instantly spoiled me.)
I like its flush screen. It's tempting but I have WAY too many eReaders. Besides, I'm still a bit skeptical as the same outfit (with different names) is also selling the same Aura "Brand New" and/or "Open Box" for $78.xx and $79.xx and $115.xx. But they do seem to have good reviews.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...acat=0&_sop=15

Same pictures and same info (except for the one from Canada).

As for the Aura, I've basically got an E-Carta hardware version of it with my Tolino Vision 2. Except the Vision 2 has the "Home" button so that makes it a bit longer.

Meanwhile the Clara is back on sale for $100 at Walmart, Amazon, Kobo and $120 Canadian at Chapters.

Last edited by rcentros; 12-11-2019 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:41 PM   #14
AnimalOfArt
Groupie

Quote:
Besides, I'm still a bit skeptical as the same outfit (with different names) is also selling the same Aura "Brand New" and/or "Open Box" for $78.xx and $79.xx and $115.xx. But they do seem to have good reviews.

You have all the reason to be skeptical. I ordered from another seller which sold both pink and black for that exact same price under one account until a few days ago. I looked up the reviews, they had a few bad (about 10) reviews, but mainly for some low quality Harry Potter Wooden Music Box Collection. They also had nearly 900 positives reviews so I decided to take the risk. To my luck I also got tracked shipping. On december 6th my package cleared the chinese customs and I hope it will arrive on the earliest foreseen date on 20th december!

If you can wait that long I will tell you, if it's legit or not.

Last edited by AnimalOfArt; 12-11-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:43 PM   #15
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I scored a pink one. Worth the risk! I know I have a case or two for it here. Couldn't resist! I know it wasn't the best screen but I just loved the Aura 1.

Actually there is no risk, ebay gives a money back guarantee.

Last edited by booklover6; 12-11-2019 at 03:52 PM.