Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-21-2019, 06:41 PM   #1
warface9991
Connoisseur
warface9991 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD
How to convert .mobi dictionary to stardict?

Hi

I really need your help as to how i can convert .mobi dictionary to stardict in order to use it in Koreader. I will add the link. If it is no bother for you to converting it please send me the converted link because i cannot use computer as you do. Thanks in advance.

Download link for .mobi dictionary: http://eb.lv/downloads/wn3inftr.mobi
warface9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:03 AM   #2
warface9991
Connoisseur

Doesn't anyone know?
Advert
Old 04-23-2019, 01:37 PM   #3
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Quote:
Originally Posted by warface9991 View Post
Doesn't anyone know?
The first and worst step is the conversion from mobi to .txt tabfile. Once you get the txt is done.
Anyway it is a long and complex matter. I did it for the wordnet En-it and many others.
In the best case scenario it will last three days
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 03:14 PM   #4
warface9991
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
The first and worst step is the conversion from mobi to .txt tabfile. Once you get the txt is done.
Anyway it is a long and complex matter. I did it for the wordnet En-it and many others.
In the best case scenario it will last three days
Can you share your dictionaries if it's not private matter?
Old 04-24-2019, 09:58 AM   #5
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Quote:
Originally Posted by warface9991 View Post
Can you share your dictionaries if it's not private matter?
The better ones have already been shared here (they are kobo multidictionaries)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=506

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=507 (the best en-en sources available on the web and carefully woven)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=420

You will find anyway others in the same thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=232883

PS The main dictionaries' list in the first post has non been updated since the 2018-10-14 So, for the others you must search in the thread by yourself

Last edited by Owl_; 04-24-2019 at 10:04 AM.
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2019, 12:04 PM   #6
warface9991
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
The better ones have already been shared here (they are kobo multidictionaries)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=506

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=507 (the best en-en sources available on the web and carefully woven)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=420

You will find anyway others in the same thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=232883

PS The main dictionaries' list in the first post has non been updated since the 2018-10-14 So, for the others you must search in the thread by yourself
Thanks for your reply
Old 02-20-2020, 04:12 PM   #7
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
I've added a conversion from KindleUnpack'ed book.html to xdxf- and Stardict- and pocketbook-format to the pocketbookdic script on github.

I've only converted one dictionary with it, so feel free to test and post issues.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 04:53 PM   #8
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
so feel free to test and post issues.
If I do exe (using Perl2Exe). How then to convert book.html => stardict (or xdxf) I do not quite understand.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:17 PM   #9
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

I used strawberry Perl on windows. With perl2exe you probably run into trouble with the modules. If it runs you’re really lucky!

Anyway IIRC instead of ‘perl pocketbookdic.pl book.html’ you type ‘pocketbookdic.exe book.html’.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:04 PM   #10
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If it runs you’re really lucky!
failing
Code:
Can't locate strict.pm in @INC
Old 02-21-2020, 08:48 AM   #11
Markismus
Guru

As expected a module (pm-extension stands for Perl module) that wasn't included in creating the executable.
I looked into creating a fatpacked script that included all needed modules, so that it could be turned into a windows executable and into pp, but both were quite a lot of work: Much more than installing Strawberry Perl or even linux as a subsystem on windows 10.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:55 PM   #12
Semwize
Guru

Quote:
lot of work: Much more than installing Strawberry Perl or even linux as a subsystem on windows 10.
Yes you are right.
Code:
Command line arguments provided:
'book.html'
Found command line argument: book.html.
Assuming it is meant as the dictionary file name.
Operating system is MSWin32: Not linux, so I am assuming Windows!
Undefined subroutine &main::Debug called at pocketbookdic.pl line 1080.
How to fix?
Old 02-21-2020, 02:21 PM   #13
Markismus
Guru

You found an old piece of code! Change the script to read debug(...). I changed the code for proper syntax highlighting in SublimeText3.

You’re using the script from github? Script is corrected.

It is for testing purposes only, so you can set the toggle at the start to
Code:
$isTestingOn = 0;

If you want you can insert a small xdxf-file there to do fast testing of the subroutine newConvertXDXFtoStardictXML. I should have disabled those tests and removed the alternative subroutines. Script is corrected.
After I have ironed out some codepage conversions, I will make a nice clean version of the script on github.

Last edited by Markismus; 02-21-2020 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:10 PM   #14
Semwize
Guru

It works (Win 7)
I got mobi => xdxf dictionary.

Now just don't have time, later I'll check how it works on Kobo.

-----

Edit:
works, I did not use StarDict Editor, I don’t know why you recommended it, makedict is faster

Last edited by Semwize; 02-21-2020 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:05 AM   #15
Markismus
Guru

makedict is deprecated according to its writer Soshial. It's no longer available from github.
There are now so many programs that can convert from xdxf-format that you can take your pick. Soshial himself suggests pyglossary.