Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-30-2017, 07:46 PM   #1
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Good things/happy thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
We need a good things/happy thread. I'm just full of happiness today. Money came in today from unexpected source. Rent is paid and food money left over.

It feels as the weight of a brick wall has been lifted from my shoulders. I've been crying happy tears for the past few hours.

Sent from my XT1528
Here you go Blossom.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:56 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Okay I guess I'll add a happy post. I bought my house about 18 months ago. I opted to set up an escrow account for home owners insurance payments and county/school district property taxes. This way I pay an estimated amount each month along with my mortgage payment rather than having to scrape up the whole amount at the end of the year. The mortgage company consulted my insurance company for estimated insurance amount and looked up the previous few years of property taxes paid on the house to estimate that amount. Well I was finally able to get the county to approve and apply two exemptions to my property taxes about a year ago--homestead and disability. But it takes forever for adjustments to trickle back to the payee. Finally this January I called the mortgage company after they paid my annual property taxes and pointed out that they were considerably less than had been estimated 18 months ago. They agreed and long story a little shorter they sent me a nice refund check from escrow for 2016 and they lowered my mortgage payment by $98/month! Woohoo!

A few days later my hot water heater went out. It started leaking, but I was able to shut it down and stop the leak before I had any water damage. The HWH was installed in 2003 and was a 6 year model, so it was at least 7 years beyond its life expectancy. My home warranty covered about half the cost, but the escrow refund check arrived just in time to keep me from having to dip into my savings. And I had enough left over to buy my iPad Pro 9.7 and Apple Pencil, and still put some into savings.

Last edited by jswinden; 02-01-2017 at 02:58 PM.
Advert
Old 02-01-2017, 04:08 PM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Fantastic news jswinden.

My happy news is hubby found a lateral file cabinet to go in the library/kitchen.
Not sure what is going in it but it takes up less room than the desk that was there.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:35 PM   #4
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lucky I live Hawaii
Old 02-01-2017, 06:37 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2017, 08:32 PM   #6
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
...I opted to set up an escrow account for home owners insurance payments and county/school district property taxes. ...
When we bought our house, there was no "opted" for escrow account for insurance(s) and taxes. It is a requirement.

But, the good thing/happy thing, we just PAID OFF our mortgage. And received a nice check a week ago for the escrow we paid after all insurance(s) and taxes were paid last year.
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:00 AM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I just found this. Thanks Wodin.

The other day I had a random stranger send me $25 through Facebook. I didn't even know you could do that. It's fast, easy and is instantly with in your bank account. All you need is a bank debit card to receive it.

She told me to buy groceries which I did.

The in laws have been calling after two years of silence with hubby calling for five minutes every few months to even know if they were still alive. They have called several times in the last two weeks just to chat. Hubby is happy as he loves his parents. It's wonderful to see this fence finally mending.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:03 AM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
When we bought our house, there was no "opted" for escrow account for insurance(s) and taxes. It is a requirement.

But, the good thing/happy thing, we just PAID OFF our mortgage. And received a nice check a week ago for the escrow we paid after all insurance(s) and taxes were paid last year.
That's awesome news!

Sent from my XT1528
Old 02-06-2017, 12:11 PM   #9
wodin
Illiterate

Quote:
I just found this. Thanks Wodin.

Sent from my XT1528
Your most welcome Blossom, enjoy!
Old 02-06-2017, 02:39 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

A lady who owns a bookstore asked me if she could send me some books. I'll never turn down free books so I said okay thinking she would send me a couple of her overstock....

Today I got this good size box in the mail. She sent me 18, yes 18 romance novels.

I've got them all on my bed admiring them. I'm already reading one of them.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 02-06-2017, 05:02 PM   #11
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
My parents returned from their weekend away this morning and they had a great time (though my father was a bit upset with me that I didn't call when it was so busy at the store on Saturday).

I was afraid they wouldn't like it, because it wasn't "their" vacation park. And because they have said they wouldn't go away until the Family Thing was resolved. But they loved it. Which is great with everything that's happened in the past three and a half years and is still ongoing.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:31 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Good news!!! Hubby got a job. He was just hired on at a well known chicken place for $11hr.

I'm ecstatic!! *Happy Dance*

Sent from my XT1528
Old 02-24-2017, 05:56 PM   #13
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Good news!!! Hubby got a job. He was just hired on at a well known chicken place for $11hr.

Sent from my XT1528
Yay!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:25 PM   #14
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:

Sent from my XT1528
Old 03-01-2017, 04:49 PM   #15
wodin
Illiterate

Susie's knee surgery went well on Monday. She's in a lot of pain right now, but maybe after she's healed she'll be able to get up from her wheelchair and walk.