Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-28-2024, 04:16 PM   #1
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Pocketbook view?

Can the Andriod (13) top and bottom strips be hidden?
Annoying loss of height in landscape 2 page mode.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 06:11 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Found the settings Status, Navigation in Immersive mode. Top and bottom margins seem too big.
Advert
Old 01-29-2024, 05:12 AM   #3
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
There are 2 annoyances:
  1. Nxtpaper uses at the bottom a massive hight bar;
    I solved that by using gestures
  2. PocketBook seems to use top and bottom bars;
    I solved that by PocketBook > Settings > Page by uncheck of "Status bar at bottom" and by PocketBook > Settings > Display by uncheck "Status bar in immersive mode" and by uncheck "Navigation bar in immersive mode";
    Then select PocketBook "Full screen"
This provides me with the maximum screen size.

Last edited by DrChiper; 01-29-2024 at 05:15 AM.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 07:32 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

I did get #2 working. I tried guestures and didn't like it. It's my first Android 13 and the "PC Mode" is interesting with USB hub, keyboard and mouse. You add "desktop icons" or quit from the button icon with all apps:
oooo
oooo
oooo
Allows resizing apps in windows.
You need smallest size text etc and good glasses
Old 01-29-2024, 08:35 AM   #5
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I forgot the PC-mode is also there. Seen it but not actually used yet.
However, that puts an extra bar ("windows" menu bar) on top of my PocketBook reader, so a no-go for me. I want all the pix's I can get
Advert
Old 01-29-2024, 12:14 PM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
Yes, I forgot the PC-mode is also there. Seen it but not actually used yet.
However, that puts an extra bar ("windows" menu bar) on top of my PocketBook reader, so a no-go for me. I want all the pix's I can get
I agree about all the pixies.

Seems no auto-hide, which is a shame. Though I didn't try full-screen in 'PC Mode' which has too big title bars anyway.

Navigation outside of screen on buttons was better.

Considering that Android uses an adaptation of the Linux Kernel and it will be 15 years old soon, it's very poor. Version 4.x switched from Mass Storage USB to MS MTP. The changes on each version are often stupid.

My Pen came at lunch time.

Works in Xodo and pressure works in a Sketch app.
Old 01-29-2024, 01:29 PM   #7
DrChiper
Bookish

Quote:
Works in Xodo and pressure works in a Sketch app.
Does it has tilt support?

Mine does not have that and I have to adjust the settings to get a decent reaction on applying pressure (=increasing/decreasing the line boldness).
Old 01-29-2024, 03:22 PM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
Does it has tilt support?

Mine does not have that and I have to adjust the settings to get a decent reaction on applying pressure (=increasing/decreasing the line boldness).
I don't know what you mean by tilt. It's a very basic app, 'Sketch Box Free' (there is a Pro version). It just worked well without adjustment and only responds to how hard you draw (pressure). Almost no pressure needed.

Google seems to have a non-functional Gift Card Redemption scheme. They quoted 3 days on chat when the code redemption and/or scan failed.

I tried about half a dozen so called Handwriting conversion/recognition and all used a pre-scanned/photo image and all were rubbish. I'll install Nebo (€9.95) when the card balance is applied. It works well on the iPad with Apple Pencil and seems to be what Sage/Elipsa Advanced Notebooks use.

I use Xodo free version for PDFs anyway on Android and it now includes basic annotation. You could make a PDF of backgrounds to have the Kobo Basic Notebooks or do scanned/ downloaded crossword puzzles. A lot cheaper and simpler than PDF with an Amazon Kindle Scribe.