Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-01-2019, 08:48 PM   #1
Silverty
Connoisseur
Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O2
Has anybody else tried eBoox?

So far I'm loving eBoox new app. So clean and fresh. Things transfer over quickly and you can have the option of scrolling instead of the usual option. Nice change from the Kobo app which I found clunky and awkward.
Silverty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:30 PM   #2
henry45
henry45 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite & eBoox
Thumbs up Awesome Apps

This app is amazing. Im using from long long time. I like one of the best feature in eBoox is "Save books & sync books in all android devices".

Source : https://www.apkupdate.in/download-eb...t-version.html
henry45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:30 PM   #3
maximus83
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry45 View Post
This app is amazing. Im using from long long time. I like one of the best feature in eBoox is "Save books & sync books in all android devices".

That's cool. Are they using a cloud-based solution to store and sync the book data?
Old 03-03-2019, 03:58 PM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Spam spam spam
How can you be using it "long long time" if it was only launched recently ?

Looks well dodgy

The Google play store listing, if it is the same app, has an unreadable developer address in a non English language and warns of in app purchases.

So Why does a reader app need in app purchases?

And are there rules here about posting URLs to Dodgy apkupdate sites

Caveat emptor and all that. Perhaps mods can check how legit this is

Developer Address
ул.Плеханова, дом 4А, этаж 2, пом. 12, ком. 13, офис 48B, Москва, Россия, 111123

Last edited by stumped; 03-03-2019 at 04:06 PM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 04:07 PM   #5
maximus83
Nameless Being

Agree one should be careful about 3rd party site downloads for Android, but they're not all bad. Heck if they were inherently bad, no one would ever install a custom ROM or sideload an app. Their download page looks like it includes one of the download links directly to the Google Play store.

Do you know for a fact this is a bad app, and a bad site? Lots of readers offer in-app purchases, and lots of Android apps are developed by Russians, so neither of those items were inherently red flags to me.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:30 PM   #6
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I got curious and downloaded Eboox from the play store to my Android phone and I looked it over. I normally use Moon+ or the Kindle app.

I thought it looked pretty good. It has a nice selection of features. There aren't many features but it has the ones I care about, at least it seems in the half hour I spent with it.

The interface, though, is clunky. It takes a bit of figuring out.

I'm not sure I'll keep it. I'll play with it some more and decide. I think I'm happy with Moon+.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:10 PM   #7
Silverty
Connoisseur
Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
Agree one should be careful about 3rd party site downloads for Android, but they're not all bad. Heck if they were inherently bad, no one would ever install a custom ROM or sideload an app. Their download page looks like it includes one of the download links directly to the Google Play store.

Do you know for a fact this is a bad app, and a bad site? Lots of readers offer in-app purchases, and lots of Android apps are developed by Russians, so neither of those items were inherently red flags to me.
I can say now that I did not download the third party version. I found mine on the Google Play Store because it had a 4.8 rating and a clean interface that pulled me in. There is a Synchronization option that I haven't used. It says it can synchronize your Google books with it but I don't really buy Google books so I didn't use it.

I do like that it connects you to websites like Bookbub so you can find other free books though. Nice little feature.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:11 PM   #8
Silverty
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I got curious and downloaded Eboox from the play store to my Android phone and I looked it over. I normally use Moon+ or the Kindle app.

I thought it looked pretty good. It has a nice selection of features. There aren't many features but it has the ones I care about, at least it seems in the half hour I spent with it.

The interface, though, is clunky. It takes a bit of figuring out.

I'm not sure I'll keep it. I'll play with it some more and decide. I think I'm happy with Moon+.

Barry
That's funny because I didn't find it clunky at all. Just a simple clean reading app which is all I wanted. I don't need all those special features like highlighting or whatever.

I tried Moon+ but I didn't find it 'pretty' enough for me. Lol I know shallow.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:13 PM   #9
Silverty
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Spam spam spam
How can you be using it "long long time" if it was only launched recently ?

Looks well dodgy

The Google play store listing, if it is the same app, has an unreadable developer address in a non English language and warns of in app purchases.

So Why does a reader app need in app purchases?

And are there rules here about posting URLs to Dodgy apkupdate sites

Caveat emptor and all that. Perhaps mods can check how legit this is

Developer Address
ул.Плеханова, дом 4А, этаж 2, пом. 12, ком. 13, офис 48B, Москва, Россия, 111123
I think it's because there was an older version out before. That's why this one is called Eboox New. Not sure but I thought I saw that it said somewhere when I was looking at reviews and such.

Last edited by Silverty; 03-03-2019 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Wording error
Old 01-31-2024, 12:07 PM   #10
jamesboniventure
jamesboniventure began at the beginning.

Device: iPad eboox
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry45 View Post

Have you figured out a way to export notes and highlights? Also where can I find these synced files in my google drive?
jamesboniventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 04:36 AM   #11
chrisread67
chrisread67 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverty View Post
So far I'm loving eBoox new app. So clean and fresh. Things transfer over quickly and you can have the option of scrolling instead of the usual option. Nice change from the Kobo app which I found clunky and awkward.
that application is amazinggg
chrisread67 is offline   Reply With Quote