Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 12-12-2023, 03:07 PM   #1
elev8
elev8 began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 2HD
Tolino Shine 2HD: doesn't update, doesn't connect via WiFi

This device was never used until now. The firmware version is 1.7.1
The setup procedure doesn't finish. Apparently the WiFi connection is functional, but not recognized as such. The error thrown up only says: "Unexpected error. Try again later."
USB connection is possible, but all attempts at updating fail. The device returns to its original state after reset.

I see that the device can be opened effortlessly. So it should be possible to rewrite the SD card with a working image. I would appreciate any and all pointers that may help me get this reader to work.
elev8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 07:48 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Goto Software updates for tolino eReaders and download the 12.20 and 16.10 updates for the Tolino Shine 2HD. Note that both will download as update.zip and the download will change the name of one of them.

Then follow the directions on the bottom of the linked page for doing a manual update.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2023, 09:42 PM   #3
elev8

Unfortunately that doesn't work. After the "update" the reader asks for WLAN again, finds it and then claims that there is an "unexpected error". Checking for the version number, I see that nothing has changed.

I was hoping that it might be possible to change files or the complete image on the SD card such that the reader becomes usable again.
Old 12-14-2023, 07:22 AM   #4
elev8

Something has changed now: The reader doesn't connect via USB anymore either. It wants to setup WLAN and is trapped in the setup procedure
Old 12-15-2023, 04:29 AM   #5
Waldy
Connoisseur
Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo,Tolino,BN,PB,Kindle,Likebook,Inkbook
@elev8
PM sent.
Waldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert