Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 09-24-2023, 08:35 AM   #1
f_coco
f_coco began at the beginning.

Device: InkPad
Tolino Shine 4 Bricked after downgrade from 16.1.0 to 15.3.0

Dear all,
My tolino shine 4 bricked after trying downgrade from 16.1.0 to 15.3.0.
The screen displays a triangle with an exclamation mark inside. And it shows an error message.
Since the ADB is enabled before and the device can be seen as a MTP device. I put a 16.1.0 update package in the device root.
But when i use a adb reboot recovery command to reboot the devices into recovery and try to reflash it, It can not enter the recovery mode.
I tried serval method find on the internet including press the power button for 15 seconds but without luck, i can get into the recovery mode.
Dose anyone have a confirmed method to put the shine 4 into the recovery mode?
f_coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 08:38 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by f_coco View Post
Dose anyone have a confirmed method to put the shine 4 into the recovery mode?
You should enter recovery mode by first switching off the device completely and then holding down the power button until the screen has flashed twice.
A short press on the power button moves to the next point, a long press selects it.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 04:44 AM   #3
f_coco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
You should enter recovery mode by first switching off the device completely and then holding down the power button until the screen has flashed twice.
A short press on the power button moves to the next point, a long press selects it.
Thank you for the reply.
I finally open it up and restore a tf image to bring it back.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM   #4
Waldy
Connoisseur
Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo,Tolino,BN,PB,Kindle,Likebook,Inkbook
I'm not sure, but I think now unfortunately in your case it's not possible to boot into recovery mode.
If you need an image for Shine 4, PM me.
Waldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 07:20 PM   #5
f_coco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldy View Post
I'm not sure, but I think now unfortunately in your case it's not possible to boot into recovery mode.
If you need an image for Shine 4, PM me.
Thank you Waldy, i already download your tf image from another forum.
I'm now wondering if a mobiscribe origin's firmware cloud be port to tolino series or nook series. Seems they all made by NTX, and all use android 8.1.