Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
jamieb
jamieb began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Calibre very slow or freezing

I just installed Calibre and it is running real slow. When I go to the buttons or drop down menus and try to click them it doesn't do anything. If I leave it alone for awhile and come back I can click on a button but as soon as I so I have to wait again. I have tried all the simple program fixes like restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling even going to an earlier version and nothing is working. I don't have any firewall up and I have the anti virus disabled and still nothing. Please help!! Here is my info

System
Windows XP Home Version 2002 service pack 2

Computer
Pent. Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz
2.93 GB ram

Device
Sony E-Reader PRS 600
jamieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieb View Post
I just installed Calibre and it is running real slow. When I go to the buttons or drop down menus and try to click them it doesn't do anything. If I leave it alone for awhile and come back I can click on a button but as soon as I so I have to wait again. I have tried all the simple program fixes like restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling even going to an earlier version and nothing is working. I don't have any firewall up and I have the anti virus disabled and still nothing. Please help!! Here is my info

System
Windows XP Home Version 2002 service pack 2

Computer
Pent. Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz
2.93 GB ram

Device
Sony E-Reader PRS 600
Welcome to the Group.

Try excluding Calibre and your library folder (the one you specified at setup) from your A/V active scan.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
jamieb

The only A/V I have at the moment is the standard Windows Security and I have the Firewall turned off and virus protection say Not Monitored! I have no other virus program on my computer at the moment so I don't think that is it.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieb View Post
The only A/V I have at the moment is the standard Windows Security and I have the Firewall turned off and virus protection say Not Monitored! I have no other virus program on my computer at the moment so I don't think that is it.
You are running bare on the Internet with a Windows machine.?
Very brave
If you are behind a NAT router, the firewall mostly protects you from others on your LAN. "Not Monitored"? Everything? or did you already exclude just that folder?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:54 PM   #5
jamieb

No I am just running bare for the moment because I have been trying to get this to work all morning so I have uninstalled it for the moment. I did exclude calibre from the list. I have even looked at the task manager while calibre is working but it it like nothing is happening. It is not eating up my resources or anything.
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try running it from a command prompt as

calibre-debug -g

If you're lucky it may print something we can use to figure out why it's slow.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:23 PM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Just a check - I assume that the calibre library is on a local drive and not a network share?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #8
jamieb

Ok not sure if I done it right but here is what I see.

WARNING: help<> not available - check site.py
WARNING: Configuration file ipythonrc.ini not found. Ignoring request
----------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback <most recent call last>:
File "site-packages\IPython\ConfigLoader.py", line 66 in load
File "site-packages\IPython\genutils.py", line 555, in filefind
IOError: File' ipythonrc.ini' not found in current or supplied directories:u' C:\\
Documents and Settings\\Jamie\\Application Data\\Calibre\\_ipython"

WARNING: Problem loading configuration file ' ipythonrc.int'
Starting with default -bare bones- configuration.

[C:Program Files/Calibure2]: calibre-debug -g
link hasn't been detected!
link hasn't been detected!
Old 12-30-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
jamieb

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Just a check - I assume that the calibre library is on a local drive and not a network share?
Yes it is in My Documents on my C drive!
Old 12-30-2009, 05:38 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Nothing useful, I'm afraid.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:22 PM   #11
jamieb

Well I guess I will go back to my old software since I can't get it to work properly!!