Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-24-2015, 04:03 AM   #121
freeaz
freeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: ONYX BOOX i86 HDML PLUS
I just installed koreader the latest 2015 stable version on pocketbook inkpad and it looks good but I have some problems. Opening pdf files takes a long time and selecting to increase the font size I have to press many time to change to the next size and many times it hangs and I get a white page. The same also happens with text bolding.

Does anyone know how to solve these problems?
freeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:52 PM   #122
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
For pdf and epub loadings give it a few moments and then press one of the buttons while "opening file" dialogue is up and it will open it. I think program hangs a bit and won't open the file when it's all loaded.

Apparently that's only required for the first time that you open a new pdf or epub file. I believe that reader writes some info first, so it takes a bit on initial load. Every subsequent file opening is much faster. For me it can open 350mb file in few seconds and then have no problems turning pages, which is quite impressive, since the same file gives problems even on my computer.
On other hand, it completely failed to open another 350mb file. Interestingly the one that reader opened had no hyperlinks, and the other was full of them.

As for the hangings up during settings changes, I also experienced them. They work with some patience, but too much for me. My guess would be that KOReader is too cpu intensive for 840 when it comes to settings. I just set up extensions.cfg so that KOReder handles pdf's and CoolReader epubs and I'm a happy camper.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2015, 12:44 AM   #123
freeaz
freeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackm8 View Post
For pdf and epub loadings give it a few moments and then press one of the buttons while "opening file" dialogue is up and it will open it. I think program hangs a bit and won't open the file when it's all loaded.

Apparently that's only required for the first time that you open a new pdf or epub file. I believe that reader writes some info first, so it takes a bit on initial load. Every subsequent file opening is much faster. For me it can open 350mb file in few seconds and then have no problems turning pages, which is quite impressive, since the same file gives problems even on my computer.
On other hand, it completely failed to open another 350mb file. Interestingly the one that reader opened had no hyperlinks, and the other was full of them.

As for the hangings up during settings changes, I also experienced them. They work with some patience, but too much for me. My guess would be that KOReader is too cpu intensive for 840 when it comes to settings. I just set up extensions.cfg so that KOReder handles pdf's and CoolReader epubs and I'm a happy camper.
Thanks a lot for your answer. Execuse me for asking but I am really new to using this so where exactly is the extensions.cfg file and how to edit it to make the required changes. Also how to download and install CoolReader for firmware 5.4

Thanks again
Old 11-28-2015, 05:04 PM   #124
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
You should already installed extensions.cfg when you installed KOReader.

It's location is in \system\config\ on your device. Now just open it with notepad, notepad++ or any other file editing software.

It should look something like this:
Quote:
pdf:@PDF_file:1:koreader.app:ICON_PDF
djvu:@DJVU_file:1:koreader.app:ICON_DJVU
epub:@EPUB_file:1:cr3-pb.app:ICON_EPUB
fb2:@FB2_file:1:koreader.app:ICON_FB2
mobi:@MOBI_file:1:koreader.app:ICON_MOBI
zip:@ZIP_file:1:koreader.app:ICON_ZIP
cbz:@ZIP_file:1bimageviewer.app:ICON_ZIP
Now just edit entries to your liking.
It's simple setup, for each file format stated in a row, you can set an app to open it. App must be propperly installed in /system directory, and if there is no entry, device will run native reader.

For example if you wanted pdf files to be opened with coolreader, you'd change first entry to:
Quote:
pdf:@PDF_file:1:cr3-pb.app:ICON_PDF
For default reader, you could delete that entry athogether, or change it to:
Quote:
pdf:@PDF_file::1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 01:20 AM   #125
freeaz

Thanks you very much jackm8 this is very helpful for me
Advert
Old 11-30-2015, 07:39 AM   #126
freeaz

Can some one please tell me what is Tesseract language data and what effect will installing it to koreader make
Old 12-07-2015, 08:38 AM   #127
fedcod
fedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Pocketbook 623
Hi,
I just tested on my Pb 623.
I can't get dictionary to work. I use a stardict dictionary, I opened it with goldendict on pc and it works well. But it doesn't show on koreader after putting it in applications/koreader/data/dict/

I tried with dict.dz file or unzipped dict file with no luck (idx and ifo files are present)

it's this one : http://abloz.com/huzheng/stardict-di...-2.4.2.tar.bz2

Can someone please test it ?

Thanks

Last edited by fedcod; 12-07-2015 at 08:50 AM.
fedcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:08 AM   #128
qwerto
qwerto doesn't litterqwerto doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook Pro912
Hi!

I have PocketBook 912 with the latest official firmware 2.1.3. I tried to install KOReader from build. Two times, from
koreader-pocketbook-arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-v2015.11-stable.zip
and also from
koreader-pocketbook-arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-v2015.11-11-g16509e2.zip.
In both cases it failed to work, in crash.log there was something like "Invalid instruction". Did I do something wrong? Or is this model not supported? If it isn't, is there a chance to be supported?
qwerto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:53 AM   #129
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
I hope KOreader developers read this.

Right now, there isn't a KOreader forum section. The site owner is MIA and not replies my messages.

EDIT: There's a KOreader section. PASE TWO: One per device family!

What to do? Sorry for replying everywhere. I'm tired of crappy readers software and have my hopes in KOreader...

If you are able to, please write about your issue on GitHub. I can help you at it if you have issues understanding GitHub and how to submit a bug issue.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues

Last edited by timofonic; 01-03-2016 at 07:07 PM.
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:25 AM   #130
qwerto

Meanwhile I found out that KOReader is targeted for touch devices, bad luck. There is already an issue on GitHub concerning support for non-touch devices:

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/1480

It is written there that for non-touch devices there is koreader/kindlepdfviewer project. Similar to kindlepdfwriter is librerator but I didn't find any information if it is possible to run it on my PocketBook 912.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:39 AM   #131
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
@qwerto, KOReader actually works for keyboard readers. I tested it on K3 and DXG. I haven't heard anyone tested it on Pocketbook 912 though. You can give it a try. We probably need to adjust the keyboard mapping a bit for 912 since it might have different keycode for each key. Other than that, everything should work out of box

You found any issue, feel free to create a ticket on github so other developers can follow up on it.
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:51 AM   #132
qwerto

Thank you, dave2008. But I have already tried it, see my post #128. It doesn't work at all, in crash.log there is "Illegal instruction". Any idea?
Old 01-28-2016, 07:39 PM   #133
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Based on the name "koreader-pocketbook-arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi", it sounds like the program is built against the latest SDK for devices with firmware version 5. The old 912 devices are at firmware version 2, and their applications need to be built against the arm-none-linux-gnueabi target SDK. It's pretty likely that some of the dynamic libraries on the 912 are too old for apps that have been linked against the arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi tree.

I have an old 902. I may try koreader out on it and see if I'm right.

Edit: I tried out the package on my 902, and all three of the native binaries (luajit, tar and sdcv) fail with the "Illegal instruction" message. So, it seems to be more of an architecture problem than a system library problem. Here's /proc/cpuinfo on my 902:

Code:
Processor       : ARMv6-compatible processor rev 6 (v6l)
BogoMIPS        : 530.84
Features        : swp half thumb fastmult edsp java 
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xb76
CPU revision    : 6

Hardware        : SMDK6410
Revision        : 0000
Serial          : 0000000000000000
and on my 623 (where koreader runs):

Code:
Processor       : ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
BogoMIPS        : 799.53
Features        : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x2
CPU part        : 0xc08
CPU revision    : 5

Hardware        : Freescale MX50 Reference Design Platform
Revision        : 50011
Serial          : 0000000000000000
This is just a guess, but maybe the missing 'vfp' support is a problem.

Last edited by rkomar; 01-30-2016 at 10:15 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:47 AM   #134
qwerto

Thank you very much, rkomar. I had also the feeling that problem was in different libraries. But you found out that it is probably only part of the truth. I checked /proc/cpuinfo on my PB912 and it is the same like on your PB902. Anyway I would like to know how to compile koreader for my PB912. Maybe some future version of koreader will work. I see, that you are a guru, could you please explain me the process of compilation. I am running Debian based Linux and I am quite experienced user. I have SDK for PB, but I don't know how to glue it with source code of koreader. I also don't understand your remark about three of the native binaries (luajit, tar and sdcv). Thanks.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:26 PM   #135
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I tried to build koreader myself, but wasn't able to, even for the default pocketbook target. The setup for the cross-compiler and sysroot seemed to be incorrect in my case, since the compiler seems to be pulling in header files from the /usr/include system directory. So, we'll have to wait for someone else to help with that.

The tar, sdcv and luajit programs in the applications/koreader directory are native binaries, i.e. you run them directly in the system. So, you should be able to run each of the programs from the command-line. However, if you try that on the 912, you will see the "Illegal instruction" error in all three cases.

Last edited by rkomar; 02-02-2016 at 08:30 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, koreader, pb742, pdf, pocketbook