Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sitescooper

Notices

Old 03-04-2005, 11:21 AM   #1
PostGrant
Enthusiast
PostGrant began at the beginning.

Device: eBookWise, Dell Axim X5
NYT scoops - working, scoops from Avantgo site

This .site files scoop the NYT through the URL http://partners.nytimes.com/avantgo/. They work for me. If they're ugly, forgive me, I'm just getting the hang of sitescooper.

In the zip follow is the following:

nytmain.site - the main site
nytart.site - the arts page
nytinternational.site - the international page
nytbooks.site - the books page
Attached Files
File Type: zip nytsitefiles.zip (1.1 KB, 1510 views)
Old 03-05-2005, 02:59 AM   #2
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Thank you PostGrant. You could, however, use the scooped urls (as they are already mobile-friendly) directly with iSilo, Plucker, etc, couldn't you?
Old 03-07-2005, 04:17 PM   #3
PostGrant
Enthusiast
PostGrant began at the beginning.

Device: eBookWise, Dell Axim X5
Sorta. I use the eBookWise 1150 (EB-1150, or ETI-1). The software that comes with it will only read, and successfully link, single HTML files - so, SiteScooper's method of collecting everything into a single HTML file is essential.

I more or less have it now so that 1-click will get me all my daily reading on to the unit. It's a batch file which pulls stuff with SiteScooper, then copies it to the import directory for the 1150's software.

The author for the librarian software is actually in the process of creating spidering software, but as it stands right now, SiteScooper is the best option.