Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I loaded 6300 books on to kindle ! result was ...

i loaded 6300 books onto kindle and disabled indexing.
i had about 630 pages of contents.

result was a very slow and freeze prone kindle.

even my computer found it difficult to handle 6300 books in ONE FOLDER!!

I deleted numerous duplicates down to 4500 but it was still slow and clunky.

i thought of folders within documents folder in kindle.

now i have about 200 author folders with 4500 books in them.

authors with more about 50 books have been split into 2 or more.

i then used Koll3ections software to create collections in kindle.

after soft reboot i have 200 collections with 4500books.

kindle is now fast and does not freeze.

i will shortly put in another 4500 books once i put them into author folders which is time consuming.

i will still have 500 megs of space left over.

this mean i could have 400 collections and 9000 books.

i wonder if this is a record?

i have broken amazons record of 3500 books by using my ingenuity and not giving up.

so this the secret for people wanting to load many thousands of books.

please do not load more than 8999 in your kindle as i want to retainthe record of 9000 books.

Last edited by vugtitan; 12-14-2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: erudition.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
Are you doing this for some record? I typically have a manageable amount of books on my Kindles.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by osnova View Post
Are you doing this for some record? I typically have a manageable amount of books on my Kindles.
Agree!
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #4
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
How are you ever going to find time to read so many books? Even at 4 books per week (and that would be a person who reads a lot) you are only going to get through about 200 per year. Even one book per day is only 365 per year!
Your poor Kindle is probably suffering from indigestion!
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
please do not load more than 8999 in your kindle as i want to retainthe record of 9000 books.
I just loaded 9001 on my Touch.

Spoiler:
just kidding...I usually never have more than 20 or so books on my Kindle.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
Todd Young
Addict
Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
How are you ever going to find time to read so many books? Even at 4 books per week (and that would be a person who reads a lot) you are only going to get through about 200 per year. Even one book per day is only 365 per year!
Your poor Kindle is probably suffering from indigestion!
Indeed. Even at one book a day it would take you more than 24 years to read them.
Todd Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:25 AM   #7
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
I am going to Buy 10000 eReaders (Kindle, Sony, Kobo etc) and load 1 Book on each ... Is THIS a Record ...

No Wendie Darling put down the Scissors your NOT Mrs Bobbitt (Sorry can't remember spelling LOL)

Theres all sorts of records we could try for ...

Quote:
i loaded 6300 books onto kindle and disabled indexing.
i had about 630 pages of contents.

result was a very slow and freeze prone kindle.

even my computer found it difficult to handle 6300 books in ONE FOLDER!!

I deleted numerous duplicates down to 4500 but it was still slow and clunky.

i thought of folders within documents folder in kindle.

now i have about 200 author folders with 4500 books in them.

authors with more about 50 books have been split into 2 or more.

i then used Koll3ections software to create collections in kindle.

after soft reboot i have 200 collections with 4500books.

kindle is now fast and does not freeze.

i will shortly put in another 4500 books once i put them into author folders which is time consuming.

i will still have 500 megs of space left over.

this mean i could have 400 collections and 9000 books.

i wonder if this is a record?

i have broken amazons record of 3500 books by using my ingenuity and not giving up.

Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:39 AM   #8
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
No. The secret is to use other e-book reading device that handles lots of books more reasonably.
For example PocketBook, Hanlin or Sony with custom firmware or others that directly support folders/directories.

I can load well over ten thousand books on my reader in nice hierarchical directories and I do not have to worry about tricks like disabling indexing or manually creating collections. And the device will boot and work as quickly as when there is only 5 books on it. On my old PocketBook 360 I can even set library view to a mode that displays 51 books/directories per page. Oh ... and it supports most of the e-book formats, including .doc and .docx without conversion.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I have 9 ebooks and 2 audiobooks on my Kindle. That's more than I usually keep on there.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #10
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
I just loaded 9001 on my Touch.
God, my inner Dragonball nerd is going insane right now....

Spoiler:
Nappa: “Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his power?”
Vegeta: “It’s over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAND!”

Yeah, I think I'm up to a couple hundred files on my Kindle. But, a LOT of them are short reads or comic books that have a few pages... So, it's not TOO terrible. Why anyone would want to load THAT many (thousands) books on theirs...is beyond me.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You did it! Congratulations! World's most books on one Kindle! Great job, vugitan!
It's great to be here.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-15-2011 at 02:36 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #12
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Not a problem.

And people laugh at me when I said I needed about 1200 on there. And make no mistake I do need them. It lets me pick up the Kindle and gesture to the room at large as I say "Look! I'm holding 1200 books right here!!!!"

We all need our claims to fame.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #13
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
Nothing was said about actually "reading" any of them...
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #14
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Winters View Post
" Reading " Now there's an idea ... Anyone else thought of reading all these books they are collecting ...

Sounds a really WEIRD idea
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:46 PM   #15
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Winters View Post
Well I suppose you could.

If you didn't have anything better to do.

....Like finding more books to put on your Kindle and then organizing newer and better Kindle Collections.

But we all have our hobbies now, don't we?
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book, clever, courage, ingenuity