Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #1
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Just jumped in!

Went to Target during my lunch break and picked up a PRS-505. Applied for NYPL membership yesterday so now I am chomping at the bit. The Baldacci book I am in the middle of is available at the NYPL so I need my card!!! LOL.

So now the device will charge until I am done for the day and then I can jump into setting it up this evening.

Thanks to all of you for the help in the selection process.

RA
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:22 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Do Target stores only carry the Silver Reader?
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

LOL... Yes, only the silver. But that was the one I wanted.
RA
Old 03-26-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Congrats on your new toy! When I got mine I was about half way through 'Angels and Demons' by Dan Brown and was so enamored with the 505, I bought, downloaded and read the eBook version on the spot.

Be sure and let us know how you like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:20 PM   #5
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
You can join the DC library online and check books out right away but it's only a temporary card. (I don't live close enough to physically go to the library to activate.)
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #6
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
RA
Ahh, a fellow silver user (psst - they're the best ones ) Congrats on your purchase. It'll change your reading life for sure
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #7
radamo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbFabGab View Post
You can join the DC library online and check books out right away but it's only a temporary card. (I don't live close enough to physically go to the library to activate.)
Gabrielle,
This is pretty cool. Thanks!!! That will hold me over until NYC gets me hooked up.

Regards,
Rich
Old 03-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbFabGab View Post
Hey AbFabGab, thanks for the tip. I live close enough to DC to get reciprocal privileges. So I just joined on line and will go into the city over the weekend to make it permanent and free. I'd been borrowing from the Fairfax Library but this gives me another resource.

Thanks!
Old 03-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #9
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Hi Radamo,

I just gort my blue prs-505 (GO BLUE!!) yesterday and today I drove 3 hours to a nearby library with an extensive e-book collection so I can get my card. Of course my local library has a collection, but this one seemed to have a bigger one. I'm making the trip worth it and decided to make myself at home and get online while I'm here. I also see they have a book sale, so I will be checking that out. Then I need to find food and head home.

Setting the prs-505 up was a piece of cake!! It took no time at all. I made my way through the sony library and even bought two books yesterday. I feel bad I have library books out right now that I'm trying to finish, so I didn't spend anytime reading books on my reader last night. I felt kinda guilty. Oh well. I have plenty of time.

Have fun,

Kelly
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:32 PM   #10
radamo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1010 View Post
Hi Radamo,

I just gort my blue prs-505 (GO BLUE!!) yesterday and today I drove 3 hours to a nearby library with an extensive e-book collection so I can get my card. Of course my local library has a collection, but this one seemed to have a bigger one. I'm making the trip worth it and decided to make myself at home and get online while I'm here. I also see they have a book sale, so I will be checking that out. Then I need to find food and head home.

Setting the prs-505 up was a piece of cake!! It took no time at all. I made my way through the sony library and even bought two books yesterday. I feel bad I have library books out right now that I'm trying to finish, so I didn't spend anytime reading books on my reader last night. I felt kinda guilty. Oh well. I have plenty of time.

Have fun,

Kelly
Thanks Kelly,
Looking forward to getting home so I can set mine up.
RA
Old 03-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Welcome to the cool kids club

Seriously though, I hope you love it as much as I love mine (and I love mine A LOT)
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #12
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Welcome to the cool kids club

Seriously though, I hope you love it as much as I love mine (and I love mine A LOT)
Um, I don't think 'love' is the correct term; 'addiction' more like it, at least for me
Old 03-26-2009, 05:02 PM   #13
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Quote:
Gabrielle,
This is pretty cool. Thanks!!! That will hold me over until NYC gets me hooked up.

Regards,
Rich
Rich, Glad to be of help.

oh, Cassidym, you lucky dog you!!
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:56 PM   #14
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Congrats on your new reader radamo!! (Silver is the best! )

Happy reading!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #15
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
RA
I'm almost positive I've seen the blue at my local Target store... though I definitely wouldn't count on them having more than one color at any given time.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote