Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-10-2008, 09:08 AM   #31
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
"Bugger off! I'm writing the Great American Novel!"

"But you're Panamanian!"

paaaa hahahaha !!!!

this just gets better and better as it goes along.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:35 AM   #32
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
:applauds: Wonderful installments
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #33
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
"I know! And I'm sorry! In fact, I did win you back three days later. I don't know what you're complaining about."

"That guy took me home and gave me to his kids! You have no concept..."

Harv shuddered at the horror induced by Vivaldi's lament. He got over it quickly.

"Look, I need your help..."

"Not interested."

"But it's important!"

"Like gambling your best friend?"

"Well, talking dogs are rare..."

"So that gives you the right to use my 'rare' talent as collateral for a busted flush?"

"I could have swore he was bluffing!"

"I'll give you swearing, you..."

"Vera needs help!"

"Vera? Why didn't you just say so? I'd do anything to help Vera! She never gambled me away. And she gives good skritch."

"Yes, she did, I won you from her in a Cribbage tournament!"

"Let's not quibble in the details! What's going on?"
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:44 AM   #34
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

wow. vivaldi the talking dog is my new favorite character.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:45 AM   #35
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Everybody in the pool!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #36
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, all right, quitcher whining!

High in the Andes mountains, a llama raised its head and look around, curious. There had been a tremor in the air that only llamas are sensitive to. He chewed his cud for a bit and asked his neighboring llama, "Did you just hear someone screaming, 'Harv!'?"

The neighboring llama, whose name for some reason was 'Steve Jordan,' said, "No."

The first llama spat at his neighbor and went back to grazing.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:58 PM   #37
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
It's a well know fact that the air high in the Andes mountains is thin, deficient in oxygen and cold. It is also lacking, somewhat in molecules.

Hence the neighbouring llama misheard his friend, it was not "harv!", ....

but "merv!"?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #38
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
The British used to punish convicts by sending them to Australia which, from Marc's account, seems rather pleasant.
Perhaps Hell is even nicer than Australia.

Every so often they get their own back - hence the "Ashes"....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #39
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
It's a well know fact that the air high in the Andes mountains is thin, deficient in oxygen and cold. It is also lacking, somewhat in molecules.

Hence the neighbouring llama misheard his friend, it was not "harv!", ....

but "merv!"?
You may well have a point, Geoff. This would explain why there are now so many llamas in Wales. I always thought that it was just the ridiculously steep hills, plus the cold and rain. Are they now competing with the sheep in Scotland too?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:46 PM   #40
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
You may well have a point, Geoff. This would explain why there are now so many llamas in Wales. I always thought that it was just the ridiculously steep hills, plus the cold and rain. Are they now competing with the sheep in Scotland too?
I have recently adopted a new religion (my third this month? or is it four? never mind, the others were mere idolatry). It is based on the High Llamas of Chile and the realization that the ancients there worshiped Vera, of course, as clearly spelt out in the llama-shaped glyphs they created in the desert there (zoom to the center of the image): http://googlesightseeing.com/maps?p=...6,0.008224&t=k

Hale (hail?) Vera!
Old 11-10-2008, 03:53 PM   #41
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I have recently adopted a new religion (my third this month? or is it four? never mind, the others were mere idolatry). It is based on the High Llamas of Chile and the realization that the ancients there worshiped Vera, of course, as clearly spelt out in the llama-shaped glyphs they created in the desert there (zoom to the center of the image): http://googlesightseeing.com/maps?p=...6,0.008224&t=k

Hale (hail?) Vera!
Ummm... those look like reindeer to me.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #42
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Ummm... those look like reindeer to me.
No, no, no. Turn your monitor upside down. See?

Old 11-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #43
pshrynk

Well, now they look like reindeer doing yoga!
Old 11-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #44
zelda_pinwheel

i see them ! i SEE them !!! all hail vera !! llamas be ppraised !!!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #45
pshrynk

Sort of like an aerial Rorschach. I should be charging for this!

Tags
ongoing saga, saga, unutterable silliness, vera