Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-27-2018, 09:10 AM   #31
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: I should probably stop
Maybe it's book-dependent, but chapter progress doesn't seem to work anymore on Aura One: books progress is shown instead.
Seventh Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:15 AM   #32
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh Son View Post
Maybe it's book-dependent, but chapter progress doesn't seem to work anymore on Aura One: books progress is shown instead.
Are you reading an epub or a kepub? Chapter progress only works for kepubs.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2018, 10:24 AM   #33
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
And one other thing to check--there's a setting to show either chapter progress or book progress--make sure that didn't get accidently toggled to "book" in the settings menu.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 04:56 PM   #34
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: I should probably stop
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Looks like I got used to that feature in kepubs and didn't notice it was missing from epubs. Thanks. Seems like a silly omission though.
Seventh Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:37 PM   #35
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The repeated updates should now be fixed.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2018, 08:48 PM   #36
KjellM
Connoisseur
KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Glo HD, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The repeated updates should now be fixed.
I can confirm that the repeated update loop on the Aura ONE is fixed, the OTA update now works as expected and my wife's Aura ONE upgraded successfully to version 4.8.11073.
KjellM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:59 PM   #37
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneist View Post
I’ve mentioned it to the Kobo swiping; I find that harder to do when holding the book from the bottom; I’m getting used to tapping in a different area and cycling through the progress display options when I hit the wrong spot! I hope they fix this soon, though.

It’s right about now that I really miss the physical buttons I had on my Sony PRS-T1! 😉
On T1 swipe to turn page was great because you could swipe up, down or left, right from left or right side. Also tap screen next to left or right side of screen to turn page foward or back.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 11:49 AM   #38
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
What affiliate should be in the file (also I've forgotten which file!) for update to be "seen"?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 01:25 PM   #39
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh Son View Post
Looks like I got used to that feature in kepubs and didn't notice it was missing from epubs. Thanks. Seems like a silly omission though.
It's not an omission. Kobo uses Adobe's RMSDK to display epub books. (Note: I'm glad they do, as it's RMSDK that enables library loans to my Kobo.) RMSDK doesn't implement that feature.

Kobo uses its own display engine for kepubs. They've added several features there, which is straightforward to do, as they control the software.

So it's not that Kobo neglected to implement something: it's that they can't implement changes to RMSDK. That's Adobe's department.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:19 PM   #40
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
What affiliate should be in the file (also I've forgotten which file!) for update to be "seen"?
.kobo/affiliate.conf

Change it to bestbuyca.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:13 PM   #41
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
It's not an omission. Kobo uses Adobe's RMSDK to display epub books. (Note: I'm glad they do, as it's RMSDK that enables library loans to my Kobo.) RMSDK doesn't implement that feature.

Kobo uses its own display engine for kepubs. They've added several features there, which is straightforward to do, as they control the software.

So it's not that Kobo neglected to implement something: it's that they can't implement changes to RMSDK. That's Adobe's department.
I thought that Kobo used Readium, not "their own display engine"?

And as far as not being able to implement changes to RMDSK, maybe they don't have to, and could still get the functionality; it looks like all the info is there, it may just be a little harder to get than a simple API call.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:36 PM   #42
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Do I assume that the new "hold the bottom corner" feature to flick quickly through the pages is something specific to kepub? It doesn't seem to work for on epubs.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:46 PM   #43
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Btw, Kobo just released this version to the fnac affiliate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Do I assume that the new "hold the bottom corner" feature to flick quickly through the pages is something specific to kepub? It doesn't seem to work for on epubs.
Yep. It's specific to kepubs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	v.png
Views:	284
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	164156  
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:38 AM   #44
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I thought that Kobo used Readium, not "their own display engine"?

And as far as not being able to implement changes to RMDSK, maybe they don't have to, and could still get the functionality; it looks like all the info is there, it may just be a little harder to get than a simple API call.
The two renderers are Adobe's RMSDK (compability with Adobe DRM) and ACCESS's Netfront BookReader (epub3 and Japanese typography). Oddly Tolino's firmware has some Readium code but anytime I open an epub3 on an Tolino epos, I get a popup warning me the book may not display properly. It is possible that this may be used in future for their implementation of TEA's DRM (based on Readium's LCP).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:05 AM   #45
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
.kobo/affiliate.conf

Change it to bestbuyca.
Thanks
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote