Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2015, 05:19 PM   #1
Percivale
Connoisseur
Percivale began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to converse bold font into normal font output in calibre?

Hello

Can anyone please help me?

I would like to converse epub to kepub in Calibre but I don't like the weight of the input font.

I will be very grateful for any help.
Percivale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:58 AM   #2
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Change the metadata of the font your are using, that is the easiest way.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2015, 01:00 AM   #3
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Dunno if there's an easy way to make calibre check each ebook and swap the regular text for bold, and the bold text for regular. But if you are using your own sideloaded fonts you could just rename the files so that what was bold is regular and what was regular is bold

i.e.

fontname-regular becomes fontname-bold
fontname-bold becomes fontname-bold

That way it's easy to reverse should you find a better font. Though if you're reading on multiple devices this is less than ideal unless they are all Kobo devices.

ETA- GERGE beat me to it.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:21 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is this the font for the Kobo or the font for Calibre?

But to be honest it doesn't really matter as you can change the font on either.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote