Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-08-2017, 12:31 AM   #16
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Double click on that Language Tool folder, and it will open. I would think the languagetool.jar file is in there somewhere. When I unpacked the zip it might have created a folder, in a folder, so you might have to drill down a couple of levels.
@BetterRed:
You're right, Gregg Bell'll have to double-click the folder that he unpacked the zip file to. But he'll need to select languagetool-commandline.jar. (All other files are filtered out by the file selection dialog box settings anyway.)
BTW, thanks for the continued tech support! I really appreciate it.

@Gregg Bell: If you have specific questions about the plugin, please:
1. re-read the first topic in the LanguageTool plugin thread, which should answer 99% of your questions,
2. send your questions directly to me.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:34 PM   #17
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Double click on that Language Tool folder, and it will open. I would think the languagetool.jar file is in there somewhere. When I unpacked the zip it might have created a folder, in a folder, so you might have to drill down a couple of levels.

BR
Thanks Red. I'll check it later tonight when I get on that computer again.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2017, 07:35 PM   #18
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
@BetterRed:
You're right, Gregg Bell'll have to double-click the folder that he unpacked the zip file to. But he'll need to select languagetool-commandline.jar. (All other files are filtered out by the file selection dialog box settings anyway.)
BTW, thanks for the continued tech support! I really appreciate it.

@Gregg Bell: If you have specific questions about the plugin, please:
1. re-read the first topic in the LanguageTool plugin thread, which should answer 99% of your questions,
2. send your questions directly to me.
Will do, Doitsu. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:28 PM   #19
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Two questions about Language Tool 0.4

1) Does it work automatically or do I have to run it (like I run FlightCrew and Epubcheck)?

2) When I went to run it I ran into this. (see screenshots) (I run Xubuntu 16.04 Distro)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_124.png
Views:	443
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	158988   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-09-11_12-25-58.png
Views:	465
Size:	335.6 KB
ID:	158990  
Old 09-11-2017, 01:39 PM   #20
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
2) When I went to run it I ran into this. (see screenshots) (I run Xubuntu 16.04 Distro)
Code:
sudo apt-get install python3-tk
The (Ubuntu-equivalent) python modules that ship with the Windows and Mac versions of Sigil are as follows:
  • python3-tk
  • python3-pyqt5
  • python3-lxml
  • python3-six
  • python3-html5lib
  • python3-regex
  • python3-pillow
  • python3-cssselect
  • python3-cssutils
  • python3-chardet

Plugin devs will assume that everyone has these python modules available. So Linux users who want to utilize Sigil plugins should make sure the above packages are installed when using Linux repository-supplied versions of Sigil.

Several may be installed already, but you can safely run the following command to insure they are all installed/updated:

Code:
sudo apt-get install python3-tk python3-pyqt5 python3-lxml python3-six python3-html5lib python3-regex python3-pillow python3-cssselect python3-cssutils python3-chardet

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-11-2017 at 01:48 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2017, 07:27 PM   #21
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Code:
sudo apt-get install python3-tk
The (Ubuntu-equivalent) python modules that ship with the Windows and Mac versions of Sigil are as follows:
  • python3-tk
  • python3-pyqt5
  • python3-lxml
  • python3-six
  • python3-html5lib
  • python3-regex
  • python3-pillow
  • python3-cssselect
  • python3-cssutils
  • python3-chardet

Plugin devs will assume that everyone has these python modules available. So Linux users who want to utilize Sigil plugins should make sure the above packages are installed when using Linux repository-supplied versions of Sigil.

Several may be installed already, but you can safely run the following command to insure they are all installed/updated:

Code:
sudo apt-get install python3-tk python3-pyqt5 python3-lxml python3-six python3-html5lib python3-regex python3-pillow python3-cssselect python3-cssutils python3-chardet
Thanks Diap. I ran that python command, but when I ran the Language Tool in Sigil I got this window (that I couldn't take a screenshot of) that was titled:

Select Language Tool Jar File

Then under that it had:

Directory: home/gregory
File name: (and an open box)

And on the bottom it had:

Files of type: Java archive files (languagetool-commandline.jar)

And then when I ran the Language Tool again in Sigil, the screen got snarky, bringing up a partial browser window.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:41 PM   #22
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'll defer to Doitsu for those details. I'm not familiar with the particulars of the plugin; I just recognized the tkinter error. But it sounds like you may need to download the language tool archive (from the System Requirements section of the first post) and tell the plugin where a portion of that archive can be found.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-11-2017 at 07:44 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:55 AM   #23
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@DiapDealer: Thanks for the tech support.

Quote:
I ran that python command, but when I ran the Language Tool in Sigil I got this window (that I couldn't take a screenshot of) that was titled:
You'll need to download and unzip LanguageTool-3.8.zip.

For example, if you unzip LanguageTool-3.8.zip in the Downloads folder, languagetool-commandline.jar should be located in:

/home/gregory/Downloads/LanguageTool-3.8/languagetool-commandline.jar

(I wouldn't recommend using the Downloads folder, though. I'm just using it as an example.)

When you run the plugin for the first time, you'll need to change the default folder in the file selection dialog box to the folder that you extracted language tool to.
To change the folder either click the button right of the current directory and/or click the up arrow button to display the parent folder.
Once you've selected the correct folder you should see several subfolders and languagetool-commandline.jar. Click languagetool-commandline.jar and Open.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	file_selection_1.png
Views:	425
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	158993   Click image for larger version

Name:	file_selection_2.png
Views:	446
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	158994  

Last edited by Doitsu; 09-12-2017 at 02:58 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:51 PM   #24
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'll defer to Doitsu for those details. I'm not familiar with the particulars of the plugin; I just recognized the tkinter error. But it sounds like you may need to download the language tool archive (from the System Requirements section of the first post) and tell the plugin where a portion of that archive can be found.
Okay. Thanks Diap.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:08 PM   #25
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
@DiapDealer: Thanks for the tech support.

You'll need to download and unzip LanguageTool-3.8.zip.

For example, if you unzip LanguageTool-3.8.zip in the Downloads folder, languagetool-commandline.jar should be located in:

/home/gregory/Downloads/LanguageTool-3.8/languagetool-commandline.jar

(I wouldn't recommend using the Downloads folder, though. I'm just using it as an example.)

When you run the plugin for the first time, you'll need to change the default folder in the file selection dialog box to the folder that you extracted language tool to.
To change the folder either click the button right of the current directory and/or click the up arrow button to display the parent folder.
Once you've selected the correct folder you should see several subfolders and languagetool-commandline.jar. Click languagetool-commandline.jar and Open.
Thanks Doitsu. I got it. (Nice instructions!) Only thing is when I ran it on a couple of epubs I got 'no errors.' Then I added your test line (I can has cheeseburgers?) and it brought that up as an error and a bunch of other errors as well. Would it probably be a good idea to add that cheeseburger test line whenever I run it?
Old 09-12-2017, 02:15 PM   #26
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Only thing is when I ran it on a couple of epubs I got 'no errors.'
LanguageTool is not as thorough as many commercial grammar checkers and can only find certain types of errors. I.e., you shouldn't rely on it.

Quote:
Would it probably be a good idea to add that cheeseburger test line whenever I run it?
No. If it reported the errors once, it'll also do so in the future.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:24 PM   #27
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
LanguageTool is not as thorough as many commercial grammar checkers and can only find certain types of errors. I.e., you shouldn't rely on it.

No. If it reported the errors once, it'll also do so in the future.
Thanks Doitsu, but I didn't make myself clear. When I ran the language tool in an epub, it said it had no errors. Then I added the cheeseburger line to the epub and ran the language tool again, and the language tool identified the 'cheeseburger' error and six or seven additional errors.

That's why I was asking if I should add the cheeseburger sentence if the initial language tool run turned up no errors.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:44 PM   #28
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks Doitsu, but I didn't make myself clear. When I ran the language tool in an epub, it said it had no errors. Then I added the cheeseburger line to the epub and ran the language tool again, and the language tool identified the 'cheeseburger' error and six or seven additional errors.
This shouldn't happen. Can you please post two of the sentences that were flagged by LanguageTool only after you added the cheeseburger test sentence?
(I need the sentence and the type of error that LanguageTool has reported.)

To exclude plugin errors, also please check a paragraph that contains one of the flagged sentences with the online version of LanguageTool.

EDIT: If you paste text from other apps, you might have to select Tools > Reformat HTML > Mend and Prettify all HTML files and save the epub before running the LanguageTool plugin.

Last edited by Doitsu; 09-12-2017 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:34 PM   #29
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
This shouldn't happen. Can you please post two of the sentences that were flagged by LanguageTool only after you added the cheeseburger test sentence?
(I need the sentence and the type of error that LanguageTool has reported.)

To exclude plugin errors, also please check a paragraph that contains one of the flagged sentences with the online version of LanguageTool.

EDIT: If you paste text from other apps, you might have to select Tools > Reformat HTML > Mend and Prettify all HTML files and save the epub before running the LanguageTool plugin.
Hey.

16:14:21 screenshot is after I first ran Language Tool plugin

16:16:52 is after I added 'Cheezeburger' test sentence and ran LT again

128 is after running a paragraph with a flagged sentence (in line 86) in online LT

Quote:
If you paste text from other apps, you might have to select Tools > Reformat HTML > Mend and Prettify all HTML files and save the epub before running the LanguageTool plugin.
I tested this (doing what's in the above quote) on the same epub I ran the first LT tests on and the results were the same: the first LT run said no errors and then I added the cheeseburger test line and ran it again and it got the same errors as in the 16:16:52 screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2017-09-12_16-14-21.png
Views:	442
Size:	506.6 KB
ID:	159001   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-09-12_16-16-52.png
Views:	448
Size:	377.1 KB
ID:	159002   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_128.png
Views:	440
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	159003  
Old 09-12-2017, 11:39 PM   #30
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

By default, the plugin will only check the file that is currently selected in the Book Browser dialog box. That's why you got no error message when you clicked cover.xhtml and ran the plugin.
If you want to check all files, either select all .xhtml files in the Book Browser or click the Text folder in the Book Browser before running the plugin. (Clicking the Text folder is the same as selecting no file.)