Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-03-2018, 11:08 PM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Regrouping all footnotes in the same folder

Hi

This is a practical problem I am facing when I try to rebuild footnotes. It's quite easy to do it when all your footnotes definitions are grouped within the same folder, presumably at the end or near end of the book.

Unhappily many times, the definitions are placed at the end of each chapter and are thus scattered through the book. And some books may have 100 chapters. Picking up manually all the footnotes and pasting them in a dedicated folder thus becomes a very tedious task.

Even if this ancillary task cannot be totally automated, I wish a middle ground could be found which would make this process a bit easier. After all the Calibre editor can use powerful functions which maybe could be used for this purpose (?).

Has somebody any idea how to improve this situation?

Last edited by roger64; 12-04-2018 at 08:27 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:06 AM   #2
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
I use a search/replace battery:
Code:
1- Search: <p>\[(\ d +)\] (or whatever may apply)
Replace with: <p class="nota" id="n\1">[\1]
2- Search: (<p class="nota")>\[(\d +)\]
Replace with this function:
def replace(match, number, file_name, metadata, dictionaries, data, functions, *args, **kwargs):
    return match.group(1)+' id="n'+match.group(2)+'"><a href="../'+file_name+'#r'+match.group(2)+'">['+match.group(2)+']</a>'
3- Search: (<p class="nota".+?>.+?</p>)
Replace with this function:
def replace(match, number, file_name, metadata, dictionaries, data, functions, *args, **kwargs):
    notas = open('e:/Libros/Taller/En curso/notas.txt', 'a')
    texto = match.group()+'\n'  
    notas.write(texto)
    return ''
replace.file_order = 'spine'
Due to my poor knowledge of Python, the last function puts all the notes in the file notas.txt, this can be improved if someone knows how to place them in the corresponding xhtml file of the ebook.
I manually create this last file, and make a copy/paste with the data of notas.txt.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:42 AM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

Thank you very much for this helpful solution that I'll test quickly.

As you probably know, there is a Sigil plugin named "FootnoteLinker" which creates (or recreates) the missing links in some few seconds using a semantically named single folder for definitions.

This function should handily complement this above plugin.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote