Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-27-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
The case against ebooks - paper is safer!

Gruen Planet this week asked ad agencies as part of their "The Pitch" to make an ad convicing us to return to paper.

what do you think?

The Pitch - Gruen Planet
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:22 AM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks SneakySnake! That was great!

Although I found the first more realistic for most people, one of the main sales points of jetBook Lites like mine is that you can swap out batteries with ease; so the battery running down is not an issue.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2012, 01:45 AM   #3
kevorkian
kevorkian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I love Gruen Planet, last night was hilarious.
kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:33 AM   #4
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
I agree about the battery one being more convincing for me. The guys on the TV thought we could be swayed by the censorship idea. As if nobody ever changed the words in a paper book. And it is fiction after all! Well, usually.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #5
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Aaahh...paper cut!

I loved both of them, but I was swayed more with the powered by your imagination one. While it poked fun at the battery limitation (not so much a problem with a dedicated e-reader as opposed to a tablet) I read other aspects such as the deal with companies wanting to change our consumption of books from mere reading, to watching clips as well to inserted audio and to the dreaded book trailer. All imagination destroying.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
That was good. I think the hack one played with fear well, but didn't really stir emotions. With the first clip, I wanted to know what happened next. It didn't hurt that the woman was hot as well . . . not that I'm swayed by that sort of thing in advertising . . .

Last edited by John Carroll; 09-28-2012 at 11:59 AM. Reason: correct detail
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote