Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
crazyone
Banned
crazyone began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy is that normal? battery

I was just wondering, how long should the iPhone 4's battery last? I can usually get through a day on mine, and I have done ALL of those battery saving tips, setting time zone, fetch email, half brightness, etc. is that normal?
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Mine lasts three or four days, but I don't use it a lot, nor do I use it as a phone much. I'd say during that time I use it as a phone a total of a 1/2 hour, and play solitaire perhaps for an hour.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2012, 04:07 AM   #3
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
That is unfortunately pretty normal. I get around 2 days out of my battery, but I almost only use it for audio books.

Make sure to turn off wireless, positioning and bluetooth, as they are the worst power drains.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:07 AM   #4
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Don't make/receive many calls on mine either, probably 20mins of talktime per day, but I'll listen to 4 or 5 hours of podcasts or music, Bluetooth and WiFi always on, push email always on, screen at ~35% with auto-brightness on & auto-lock after 1 minute. End of the day the battery's typically at around 50%, so I charge it every couple of day or so. It's rarely switched off, just put into flight mode overnight.

Might be worth trying a hard reset - press & hold the home and power buttons until you see the Apple logo, then release and let it restart. Or if your iPhone's relatively new perhaps calibrate the battery by running it right down - literally until it shuts itself down , not just until it shows 1% remaining - and do a full charge overnight. This made a big difference to my new iPad.

HTH Pete
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #5
crazyone
Banned
crazyone began at the beginning.

o really,you are so kind,i will check it out
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #6
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Mine lasts about a day but I use a lot of battery draining apps. If I'm using it just for texts and phone calls it'll last 2-3 days.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:18 AM   #7
aheldan99
aheldan99 began at the beginning.

If i don't use the iphone to listen music or play games, it would lasts 2-3 days, but if i do those things, then it would last only 1 day.
aheldan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #8
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
After 18 months mine lasts about a day, but I use wireless, email, twitter and ipod apps alot. Also if you have a weak cell signal (1 bar or less), this can reduce the battery life significantly.
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote