Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
Kyle Baker
Kyle Baker began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Question Buying a used kobo e-reader

I am looking at buying a used Kobo from a friend, and I figured it would include all the purchased content that is on it.
Since it has to be de-authorized, and re authorized under a new account, does this mean I will lose all the books she has currently loaded on it?
To me, the fact that it has some good books loaded on it now is part of the reason I want to buy used from her.

Any info on this would be great!
Thanks,
Kyle
Kyle Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
e-books and e-readers are sold separately: purchased e-books, being tied to the account of the purchaser, aren't transferable.

But you do start with a Kobo that has 100 public domain titles on it already; access to free titles for loan from your public library; and the vast selection of titles from 99¢ at kobobooks.com.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert