Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2010, 02:23 AM   #1
Atlantisfan
Atlantisfan began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Smile State Library Of Tasmania to have e books

I've looked with envy at other readers having access to library e books but the drought for Tassie dwellers is about to end. My local librarian says they will start lending them in December. They won't have many to start with but it is a beginning. I've already shown the staff my Kobo and they thought it was wonderful and said maybe e books will really catch on after all.
Atlantisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:24 AM   #2
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Wonder how you can submit your books for inclusion at the library?
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2010, 04:13 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
And in what formats. Most ebook lending libraries tend to go PDF and ePub, but -- with the universal popularity of the Kindle (by no means a favourite of mine) -- I reckon there should also be Mobi availability. Most libraries also use a form of DRM, which is the sole time I condone this padlock system.

My experience in treebooks over the past decade, by the way, Paul, is that most libraries will gladly accept donated copies, and some will even allow and encourage a local author event. Some libraries go out of their way to order books by a local author.

Ebooks? I honestly know nothing more than Overdrive offers. And I'm not keen on their system. Something I must look into, though, when I come up for air. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #4
mamasue
Zealot
mamasue began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisfan View Post
I've looked with envy at other readers having access to library e books but the drought for Tassie dwellers is about to end.
that's excellent news for you Tassie Devils.

I hope it will catch on across Bass Strait!

seems like the drought is over in more ways than one...at long last.
mamasue is offline   Reply With Quote