Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-18-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Olympic 2010 Photos Recipe - too big for content server?

I created an Olympics 2010 Photo Slideshow recipe (posted in the Custom recipe thread). I was hoping to read it while in the hospital - access via the content server. For some reason, it won't download from the content server. I know it's a good epub, as I can read it with the viewer, but it just refuses to download via the server. It's 35 MB in size. Is that too big? It's the largest epub I have.

I'm getting around it by limiting the number of feeds, and by using remote access to pull it directly from the library with another method, but I just wondered if there's a known size limit, or if this is a new bug.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What are you downloading it using?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
What are you downloading it using?
I've tried Firefox 3.5 to the non-mobile server and Opera from an HTC HD2 to the /mobile server. They both work fine to get a smaller version of the same epub.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:13 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I've tried Firefox 3.5 to the non-mobile server and Opera from an HTC HD2 to the /mobile server. They both work fine to get a smaller version of the same epub.
Add'l info:

It starts the download process, but never gets any data and simply ends it as though the file has 0 bytes, which is what it shows in the download window. There are no errors in the calibre server logs, just a normal get for the file.

Edit:
I can download a 25 MB version OK. When I try to download with DownThemAll, it says "Size Mismatch"

Last edited by Starson17; 02-18-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There are no hardcoded file size limitations in the calibre code that I'ma ware of.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote