Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-15-2009, 06:10 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
anyone had recent contact with Bookeen?

That's apart from the Paris meeting of course.

I sent in my Cybook (complete with RMA number) just over a month ago from Tasmania, and have not heard back from them despite emails asking whether they had received it.

Is this par for the course? Or are they busy? Or what?

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:29 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Try and phone them.
There is someting weird obviously. One month sould have been enough time for your reader to be back.

Try and call then. number is **Grabs her cellphone** +33 1 45 65 42 56.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
That's apart from the Paris meeting of course.

I sent in my Cybook (complete with RMA number) just over a month ago from Tasmania, and have not heard back from them despite emails asking whether they had received it.

Is this par for the course? Or are they busy? Or what?

Regards, Alex
i asked about that at the meetup. they said they had it, had seen your request, and were hoping to be able to update it with the new firmware, but the guy i talked to is not in charge of that so couldn't promise. but i don't have any more recent news and i don't know when they will send it back to you...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
They have serious CS problems. How long does it take to respond to a customer's e-mail with "it's here."
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:01 AM   #5
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks to you all. I wonder if we realise just how powerful MobileRead forums are - I posted last night and got a reply from Bookeen this morning:

We received the Cybook you sent for repair.
We will provide you with further feedback as soon as possible.

At least I know that it has arrived safely.

Regards, Alex
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 07:02 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i'm glad you've had some news, alex. ihope you get your cybook back soon.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:38 AM   #7
AlexBell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm glad you've had some news, alex. ihope you get your cybook back soon.
Thanks, Zelda. I'll be even happier if they do load the new firmware and it can read ePubs. Then I'll have a Cybook for Mobipocket and a Cybook for ePub.

Regards, Alex
Old 07-27-2009, 12:30 PM   #8
rireed3
Connoisseur
rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook 1, Cybook Gen3
They are still there today. I asked the obvious question - when will the epub firmware for Gen3 be released? Friendly voice said:

- In a few weeks, no firm date yet,
- they want to release new firmware, but cannot yet,
- the wait has nothing to with licensing from SONY.

I'm too new to speak about whether this is the same old story, but I think it's still very unofficial.

Richard
rireed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:34 PM   #9
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rireed3 View Post
- In a few weeks, no firm date yet
No firm date, no firm ware
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
They are still there today. I asked the obvious question - when will the epub firmware for Gen3 be released? Friendly voice said:

- In a few weeks, no firm date yet,
- they want to release new firmware, but cannot yet,
- the wait has nothing to with licensing from SONY.

I'm too new to speak about whether this is the same old story, but I think it's still very unofficial.

Richard
I'm a little puzzled - why the heck would they need to license anything from Sony? Do you perhaps mean Adobe?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #11
rireed3
Connoisseur
rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook 1, Cybook Gen3
Maybe, what link in the chain only recognises SONY PRS- as a dedicated reader device?
rireed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #12
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I'm prety sure bookeen already had the adobe certification during the mobileread meeting.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #13
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
It's the same old story. New firmware was promised to be released before end of 2008, then it was promised in first quarter of 2009, then in the middle of March it was promised to be released by the end of March, since then whoever asks, receives information that it will be few weeks at most.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:50 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
I'm prety sure bookeen already had the adobe certification during the mobileread meeting.
The Opus page on the Bookeen site has the "Adobe Certified" logos on it, so I'm pretty sure that's all sorted out.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:51 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Maybe, what link in the chain only recognises SONY PRS- as a dedicated reader device?
None that I know of.