Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-03-2020, 06:45 PM   #1
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Cool Trying to put Online Wikipedia onto Kobo Aura H2O2

So I was trying to hack my kobo and I came across an insane post that helped me a lot. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=295612
I wanted to do the online Wikipedia thing but my device doesn't have an SD card. Halp!
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 07:54 AM   #2
lel24
lel24 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
If you're trying to use the built-in offline Wikipedia viewer, then unfortunately you're out of luck, as versions which had this option were last released about 5 years ago. Have a look into programs such as kiwix-serve which can host a wikipedia viewer as a webserver on your kobo. Also, you may not need an external SD card depending on which version of wikipedia you download.
lel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2020, 07:06 PM   #3
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lel24 View Post
If you're trying to use the built-in offline Wikipedia viewer, then unfortunately you're out of luck, as versions which had this option were last released about 5 years ago. Have a look into programs such as kiwix-serve which can host a wikipedia viewer as a webserver on your kobo. Also, you may not need an external SD card depending on which version of wikipedia you download.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote