Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-07-2017, 04:20 PM   #1
Stiopa
Stiopa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Choosing between Kobo Aura One and H2O2

I'm finally getting an e-reader for myself, and I'm stuck between KA1 and H2O2.

I have no intention of going Kindle, had a great experience with first edition Aura, Shop enviroment is unimportant, I'm using Calibre and sideloading almost exclusively.

Size and weight are minor considerations; I'm sure that I'll be able to read comfortably on either one of them, and fit KA1 into any backpack or bag I might travel with. Same goes for price, I have no problem paying more if the experience is worth it. After using Aura1 I prefer flush bezel, but it's not really important.

What I'm interested about:

Build and operating quality - I'm sure both are ok hardware-wise, but how do they feel in hand? No cheap plastic? No creaking sounds? Apparently there were some quality control issues with KA1, what about H2O2? What about the battery drain bug, is it fixed on KA1, does it show up at all on H2O2? How is the operating speed, any noticeable differences? What about firmware stability?

Battery life - from what I see KA1 has a 1200 mA battery to H2O2's 1500 mA. I read a lot, 2-3h daily, maybe half of that time with light on, and I would prefer to charge the device less frequently than once a week, especially if I'm out in the woods somewhere. I guess KA1 would last a week, but what is your experience with H2O2?
Stiopa is offline   Reply With Quote