Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-06-2017, 12:32 PM   #106
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
All three books of Wesley Chu's "Tao" series (as well as his The Rise of Io) are on sale for $1.99 at Amazon right now. I have no idea for how long or what countries are included.
The first one seems to be £1.29 at Amazon UK at the moment. Sounds interesting. Anyone read it?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:54 PM   #107
specficwriter
Groupie
specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro
I read the first one and enjoyed it. It is not too serious but engaging enough to have you cheering for the good guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The first one seems to be £1.29 at Amazon UK at the moment. Sounds interesting. Anyone read it?
specficwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2017, 12:57 PM   #108
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I've read them all. I'm a big Wes Chu fan.

Action, intrigue, fun, ancient alien cultures that have been warring under humans' noses since the beginning of time ... what's not to love?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-06-2017 at 01:14 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:20 PM   #109
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right - first purchase of February sorted out...
Old 02-06-2017, 07:20 PM   #110
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
If you don't want the full Baen Bundle this month, I see that Amazon is discounting

The Black Wolves of Boston Baen Kindle Edition by Wen Spencer )

First edition tomorrow, preorder possible

£4.69 in UK, normally £8.22, author and Baen get the normal amount.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Wolve...dp/B01N4K3XSZ/

Please check the US price, list being $9.99, and report

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Wolves-...dp/B01N4K3XSZ/

Short story in the new universe

http://www.baen.com/bearwoods

Does a Bear Shoot in the Woods? by Wen Spencer

“Wait! I have cookies!" Dugan yelped in fear. Yes, a stupid thing to say, but Dugan was desperate. He was miles from home, deep in the woods, and pinned to the ground by a massive bear. The smell of dead moldering leaves flooded over him like an omen.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2017, 08:39 PM   #111
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
All of the books in the Craft Sequence by Max Gladstone are on sale for $2.99 each including a pre-order for book 6. If you don't have any of the previous books, there's also a pre-order of an omnibus for 1-5 at $12.

Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...tal-text%2C228
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/search?qu...e-7db73eb49b37

------------------------------------

@Paul
I read Wes Chu's Tao trilogy and thought it was fun too. Haven't read the new Io one yet, but it's in the same setting. He won the Campbell Award in 2015 and had also been nominated in 2014 so books one and two were in those Hugo voter packets.

Last edited by lkmiller; 02-06-2017 at 08:41 PM. Reason: clarified that the last paragraph was answering Paul's question
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:54 PM   #112
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
All of the books in the Craft Sequence by Max Gladstone are on sale for $2.99 each including a pre-order for book 6. If you don't have any of the previous books, there's also a pre-order of an omnibus for 1-5 at $12.

------------------------------------

@Paul
I read Wes Chu's Tao trilogy and thought it was fun too. Haven't read the new Io one yet, but it's in the same setting. He won the Campbell Award in 2015 and had also been nominated in 2014 so books one and two were in those Hugo voter packets.
Yay, I was waiting for a sale on Four Roads Cross. I wonder why the 6th book is no longer called Six Feet Over (according to goodreads, that's #6's expected name with a release day in July).

Gladstone and Chu were my favorites for the Campbell Award when they were nominated. I enjoyed the first two Craft Sequence, all the Tao stories (there's also a novella that takes place after The Rebirth of Tao), The first Io novel, and the Time Salvager series. I haven't decided whether to binge on the Craft books now or wait until August so I can read them leading up #6.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:23 PM   #113
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:

Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...tal-text%2C228
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/search?qu...e-7db73eb49b37
These look right up my alley. Kinda confused on what order to read them in though. Looking at the authors website and his post on Tor.com it seems that they aren't published in chronological order and some who have read it in published order say they wish they'd read it in chronological order instead.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:22 AM   #114
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
Yay, I was waiting for a sale on Four Roads Cross. I wonder why the 6th book is no longer called Six Feet Over (according to goodreads, that's #6's expected name with a release day in July).
Pretty sure the correct title for book 6 is still Six Feet Over. It wouldn't fit the naming convention of the series otherwise. The description has that name too. I think the July release date was a guess from last summer based on when previous books had come out. This Sept date might not be certain yet either.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 01:31 AM   #115
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
These look right up my alley. Kinda confused on what order to read them in though. Looking at the authors website and his post on Tor.com it seems that they aren't published in chronological order and some who have read it in published order say they wish they'd read it in chronological order instead.
This other article at tor.com gives you pros and cons for reading the series in published vs chronological order. In the comments to the above article, Gladstone writes: I hope they’re readable in any order, but if there is a best order, it’s probably publication order, which is the order in which I write / read them.

I've read just the first two published works, but as Four Roads Cross is more or less a direct sequel to Three Parts Dead, I'm thinking that this summer I'll (re)read them in chronological order when the 6th book comes out.

Last edited by bgalbrecht; 02-07-2017 at 01:40 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:37 AM   #116
bgalbrecht
Wizard

Quote:
Pretty sure the correct title for book 6 is still Six Feet Over. It wouldn't fit the naming convention of the series otherwise. The description has that name too. I think the July release date was a guess from last summer based on when previous books had come out. This Sept date might not be certain yet either.
Both Amazon and Kobo list the title of the sixth book as The Ruin of Angels, A Novel of the Craft Sequence, yet their descriptions say Six Feet Over. I just hope that doesn't mess up my preorder of it at the nice price of $2.99.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:22 AM   #117
odo
Connoisseur
odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Seven Wonders of a Once and Future World and Other Stories, by Caroline M. Yoachim, is $2.99 at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Seven-Wonders...dp/B01IW9XJN0/

An excellent collection of science fiction and fantasy stories. I heartily recommend it (my review, in Spanish: http://sentidodelamaravilla.blogspot...ure-world.html )
odo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 03:44 AM   #118
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
The sixth book is also available for pre-order at Amazon UK for £1.95 and a 5 September 2017 release. (I've pre-ordered this myself.) The Omnibus of the first five books is only £5.29 for a 14 March release.

The individual books also seem to be available for £2.00 - £2.44

I highly recommend this series.

If I was reading them again, I'd read in title sequence One to Five. But there's nothing wrong with publication sequence (3,2,5,1,4). It looks like the omnibus is in publication sequence.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:43 AM   #119
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpuppy View Post
Didn't see where this has been posted before.

The Helliconia Trilogy: Helliconia Spring, Helliconia Summer, and Helliconia Winter by Brian W Aldiss is on sale for 99 cents at
amazon .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Drats! It's back to $10
Not as good as $0.99, but $5.71 at Google Play
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:33 PM   #120
Avice
Zealot
Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
£0.99-ish sale at Amazon.co.uk for several excellent and/or intriguing young adult SFF novels.

These I've read and would recommend:
Diana Wynne Jones - Howl's Moving Castle https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009YBTZ8O
Diana Wynne Jones - The Game https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002RI9F4K
C.S. Lewis - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002UZ5J72/
Jonathan Maberry - Rot and Ruin (Rot & Ruin Series #1) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004K1E4X4
Jonathan Maberry - Dust and Decay (Rot & Ruin Series #2) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005H2HOCS
Maggie Stiefvater - Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls #1) £1.09 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005HPMB6Y
Maggie Stiefvater - The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle #1) £1.09 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009CWF39U

I haven't read these, but they've gotten good buzz:
Renée Ahdieh - The Wrath and the Dawn https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MQKMN1R
Rachel Caine - Ink and Bone (Great Library #1) £1.09 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00UEXOU2M/
Rachel Caine - Paper and Fire (Great Library #2) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01E5LHEPI/
Chelsea M. Campbell - Dragonbound https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01AUH9N3C/
Michael Grant - Hunger (Gone Series #2) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002AP9G8K
Ryan Graudin - Wolf by Wolf https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B011ALLVC8
Gregory Maguire - After Alice https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00V3KJXZE
Chuck Wendig - Atlanta Burns https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LAE5DKW/

Last edited by Avice; 02-08-2017 at 12:40 PM.
Avice is offline   Reply With Quote