Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-11-2019, 03:23 PM   #1
C-novice
ReadingZealot
C-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo ARC, Samsung Tab4
only partial TOC in Calibre

I'm using Calibre 4.3.
I have a 5 part, 89 chapter book made in LO. appx 280K words.

I brought it into Calibre to convert as an epub but Calibre only provide TOC for the Heading 1 titles which are Part 1, Part 2, etc. Chapters 1 - 89 are styled as Heading 2 but those did not show up in Calibre's generated TOC.

E.g. Chapters 1-4 are subheadings (Heading 2) under Part 1, Heading 1; chapters 5 - 26 are Heading 2 under, Part 2, Heading 1 and so on.

However they show quite okay when I opened the Calibre generated epub in Sigil.

I did not create a TOC in LO because I did not want each heading to be connected to a page # as LO would do.

Anything I should have done and haven't done why Calibre hasn't shown the subheadings under each main heading?

FYI: epub check is fine in both Calibre and Sigil.

thanks

Edit:
I think I got it by re-generating the TOC in Edit Book. I have to delete the previous entries one at a time and still don't know what I did wrong that prevent the H2 headings being included in the TOC.

Last edited by C-novice; 11-11-2019 at 03:42 PM.
C-novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If the headings were auto generated during conversion, then the conversion template limited it.
You ended up the way I prefer: The TOC tool in the editor (it is also availble grom the man GUI. Jus add it to your toolbat
Preferences: toolbars: <pick toolbar to use>
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:23 AM   #3
C-novice
ReadingZealot
C-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo ARC, Samsung Tab4
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If the headings were auto generated during conversion, then the conversion template limited it.
You ended up the way I prefer: The TOC tool in the editor (it is also availble grom the man GUI. Jus add it to your toolbat
Preferences: toolbars: <pick toolbar to use>

Thank you..
C-novice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
partial toc, subheading, toc